Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Veronica
Super October 2021 Alberta

Honeymoon Luxury

Veronica, on November 12, 2019 at 15:10 Posted in Honeymoon 0 28

Hello Wedding Wire friends!

Now that FH and I our only 11 months away from our wedding (and honeymoon!) we have started to plan a bit more in detail for our honeymoon. I think that a honeymoon is a special once in a lifetime experience and should include some special additions that maybe a normal vacation would not. Everyone will have a different perspective on this of course! FH and I have done a lot of travelling, both before meeting and together since being in a relationship. We are definitely out of the "hosteling and eating ramen noodles" style of travelling, but we usually still stay in a more mid range accommodation and balance eating out with cooking. So for part of our honeymoon we are going to stay at a luxurious boutique hotel in Switzerland that has amazing gourmet food and a heated infinity pool overlooking the mountains.

Villa Honegg Honeymoon Luxury 1

I want to hear all about what is making your honeymoon, or made your honeymoon, that extra bit luxurious! What did you do or where did you stay or what did you eat, that you would never have booked for a regular vacation?

tenor.gif

28 Comments

Latest activity by Geneviève, on November 18, 2019 at 21:11
  • Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're pretty set on Malta and we're looking at an accommodation upgrade. We love the look of the Grand Hotel Excelsior and all its amenities for a relaxing stay, rather than a place to rest like we usually do.

• Veronica
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you! Oh amazing, where did you all go to in the month? Japan looks amazing, that is definitely in our top 5 in the next 5 years travel list!

• Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Omg that looks amazing!! enjoy!! i havent been there yet. we went to europe for a month last summer and we judt budgeted everything and we were able to stay in nice places and eat out everyday. We are most likely going to japan for our honeymoon!

• Veronica
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

OMG! I want to do this so bad. But yeah, its like an extra 7K for us to do that so unless someone can pull some strings and get us upgraded, probably not. That is so exciting for you! Enjoy every second. This is exactly my idea of luxury!

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'd recommend it. It was great having the outdoors right at our room, especially first thing in the morning.

• Kelly
    Curious February 2020 British Columbia
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're doing business class to fly there and back which we've never done before. I always found it way too hard to justify paying double as much for something that's less than 12 hours long but figured we'd splurge for our wedding. I did hear that once you go business class it's really hard to go back to coach now that you know what it's like so hopefully it won't be too bad when we have to go back to flying coach after this lol.

• Veronica
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Awe that is a great idea! Love it.

• Veronica
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh interesting - we were debating on a balcony room or not. It is double the cost on our cruise so we booked standard, still wondering if we should upgrade though.

Sounds like a GREAT honeymoon. So glad you enjoyed it!

• Veronica
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Sounds like the perfect honeymoon Smiley smile

• Veronica
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

OH YES! That sounds lovely Smiley laugh

FH and I stayed in a luxury beach resort on Koh Lanta last February, it was wonderful.

• Veronica
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yes for sure, the cruise sounds like a great idea. Kids club would be perfect!

• Veronica
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh sounds so relaxing! Enjoy!

• Veronica
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It is alot of moving around! Europe is mine and FH favourite are of the world to travel to, we potentially want to move there! So it just makes for the perfect honeymoon for us.

2 Weeks in St Lucia sounds beautiful Smiley smile

• Kelly
    Expert September 2019 Manitoba
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We each planned a date day on our honeymoon. I realize the whole trip feels like one big date, but having those surprises for each other made for some really special memories

• Allison
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We went on a cruise in the Caribbean, leaving out of Miami, where we got engaged.

We definitely upgraded some stuff from our last cruise - went for a balcony room, which was great for capturing sunset photos. We also stayed at a hotel in Miami Beach a few days before our cruise, and it had a rooftop patio/pool, as well as complimentary beach chair rentals on the beach.

• Miav
    Devoted September 2020 Alberta
    Miav ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are thinking Montreal and Quebec City for ours, after the wedding, it will be full on autumn out there and we are hoping to see a lot of gorgeous scenery Smiley heart we are looking forward to relaxed walks, lots of massages and taking our time, enjoying each other's company

• Angelica
    Beginner May 2022 British Columbia
    Angelica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re actually thinking of getting our own resort villa in Thailand. Normally we wouldn’t consider spending so much, but we’ve got quite a few points on our credit cards it definitely makes it worth it.

Plus once the kids come along, we won’t be to splurge like this for a long while haha. Gotta spoil yourselves once in awhile.
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We had thought of doing Vegas for a couple days alone but decided trying to get someone to look after kids for a few days would be out of the question. We have been thinking about a cruise. They have kid clubs that would set us free to do our own thing for a few hours. Might hit up our travel agent soon to start planning.
  • Casey
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are actually on our honeymoon right now (husband is sleeping, I catch up on my social media lol)
    We have travelled to many places since being together so we wanted something different.
    We are spending 2 weeks in Mexico at a 5 star adults only resort. It’s honestly the best thing ever, and oddly enough the first trip just us 2. We usually go with family or one other couple. So it’s nice to do what we want, when we want. This is quite the splurge as we normally only go to Cuba for a nice get away because it’s cheap! But so far this is the best trip ever!
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    So cool!! We’re doing 2 weeks in St Lucia and we actually can’t wait.

We did Europe almost a year and a half ago and while we loved it - it’s a lot of moving around for a honeymoon. So that’s why we opted for the Caribbean!
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks for the tip!
  • Samantha
    Super June 2021 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Exactly! FH has anxiety and airports really exacerbate it, which is not what I want to put him through particularly on our honeymoon. So I'm more than happy to compromise on this. And we're so excited to have a chef cook for us! We've never had an experience like that and it's something new, so we don't feel like we didn't do something more exciting than bbq-ing and sun bathing lol!

• Veronica
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

For sure! FH and I are the same, we just finished a two week trip in the UK where we were up from dawn till late night busy busy! We gave ourselves 1 day to "relax" and ended up on an unplanned 1.5 hour hike through some fields LOL.

I would recommend Cinque Terra, Italy! I have no idea of your budget or when you want to go of course but the Cinque Terra area is full of amazing walks/hikes, INCREDIBLE food and history, and you are also close to some of the other biggies in Italy to explore some more.

• Veronica
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

So great! We are also doing a 1 week cruise as part of our honeymoon. I have done one before and LOVED IT! It is such a treat to have someone else do all the work for you and you just get to enjoy and meander around and join in all the activities. Those chairs look so neat!

• Veronica
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

RIGHT! I remember reading this from a previous comment of yours. I LOVE THIS IDEA. A private chef is absolutely my idea of luxury. That will be so great, and a great compromise. Travelling is hard if you don't love it (I think). Amazing!

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We're still not sure what we're doing. I agree that it's a really important vacation that has a lot of meaning. I think that's what is making it so hard to pick a destination.

We're active people, so a place where we can explore and have a few adventures is a must! I also want some history to soak up and some really yummy local food.
  • Caitlyn
    Super January 2020 Ontario
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're going on a cruise for our honeymoon. We've never been on one before so I suppose it is luxurious to us. There's all you can eat food which I'm excited for and fancy restaurants on board that we can treat ourselves to. When I'm on vacation I'm not much of a relaxer, I like running around with a day packed of activities so the waterslides, rock climbing wall, skating rink, escape room, mini golf and all the other activities on board are perfect for me. I am really excited to lounge in these in the pool pool chairs though.

navigator-of-the-seas-pool-lime-and-coco

• Samantha
    Super June 2021 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

FH isn't a huge fan of travelling, whereas I LOVE it! But I'm also happy enough to vacation closer to home just like he's willing to get on a plane with me every once in awhile. Compromises is the name of the game lol. We're getting married at the height of summer, so we decided that everywhere exotic would be teeming with tourists and we wanted a total seclusion experience for our honeymoon. So we're renting out an airbnb cottage, it looks more like a mansion though! And it's on a private part of a lake. Since we're staying closer to home and saving some money by doing so, we've decided to splurge on a private chef for a couple of nights that we're there.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics