Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Carrie
Newbie August 2020 Nova Scotia

Honeymoon locations?

Carrie, on June 2, 2017 at 11:36 Posted in Honeymoon 0 12
HelloMy fiancée and I are stumped for locations!We're looking for all inclusive 7-10 days.Curious to know others locations !

12 Comments

Latest activity by Kaytee, on July 20, 2017 at 14:28
  • Kaytee
    Devoted September 2017 Alberta
    Kaytee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are going to Samana for 7 days right after the wedding and then NYC for 6 days around Christmas time (bucket list for both of us). We liked the idea of splitting it into two.

• Gyann
    Newbie August 2018 Alberta
    Gyann ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'd recommend the carribeans since you are from the east coast. Jamaica, St. Lucia and St. Martin. Dominican republic is nice as well. I wouldnt recommend Los Cabos if you like the beach and swim in the ocean, since their current is usually too strong for swimmers. Since it will be your honeymoon, I would recommend spending the money and go to a sandals property, the service and food and everything else is just amazing there.

• Sonja
    VIP September 2017 Ontario
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Make sure you get the patch for sea sickness though. I was on a cruise once and when the seas got rough...well you know the rest. Not pretty.

• Ashleigh
    Devoted August 2018 Ontario
    Ashleigh ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I was about to suggest this also! We are doing a cruise. I've been on one before and it's so relaxing. You get to see so many places without having to drive or fly around yourself. Not sure where you are from but Porter Airlines has cheap flights from Toronto to NY, where a lot of cruises port from. Flights in Canada are so expensive otherwise. Anyway - A cruise is the perfect way to unwind after hectic wedding planning!
  • Sonja
    VIP September 2017 Ontario
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

What about a cruise? They are all inclusive and you can visit several destinations. Since you're getting married in August, check out St. Lawrence river cruises, Alaskan, and New England.

• A
    Beginner August 2017 Newfoundland and Labrador
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are going on a six day cruise for our honeymoon. We couldn't decide on where to go, so the cruise let us visit a few locations and it's mostly all inclusive Smiley smile
  • Laura
    Super September 2017 Alberta
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are staying at the Luxury Bahia Principe in Mexico. We didn't go through a travel agent, we asked several people who we knew had gone to Mayan Riviera where they go and what they thought and then checked out the prices online. We were originally considering Aruba and St Martin as Hawaii as well but flights to Aruba and St Martin didn't work well for us and I have been going to Maui every year for the past 10 years so even though we were considering a different island it was a "safe and familiar" option and also WAY more expensive than Mexico. We found out that we are both really excited about the Mayan Ruins and really excited about the trip in general.

• Zoë
    Master June 2020 Ontario
    Zoë ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Carrie, So nice to meet you here. Do you have any destination in mind? Here I send you some inspiration: Honeymoon: national or international destination? - Honeymoon: Destinations - All-inclusive beach honey moon destinations. Maybe in this articles you will find also some info: Honey moon. I hope this helps. Let me know xxSmiley love

• Sasha
    Super October 2017 Ontario
    Sasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Cuba is pretty cheap and all inclusive. They also have some of the nicest beaches in the world. Of course it's no Bora Bora but the beaches are nicer than Jamaica and some places in Mexico! I would recommend Cayo Santa Maria or Cayo Coco.
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Anywhere in the Caribbean would work well if you want an all-inclusive beach type vacation. Some of the less popular islands that could be fun to visit include Grenada, Domenica, St. Kitt's and Nevis.

• Simone
    Master August 2017 Manitoba
    Simone ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi Carrie, Mexico, Jamaica, Bahamas, Orlando are the ones I can think of at the moment. I would recommend contacting a travel agent for more information or you can goggle all-inclusive honeymoon resorts. Hope this helps.
  • Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are staying at the Grand Bahia Principe in Jamaica! We went to a travel agent and got more information on different locations and resorts as we have never travelled before! We looked into Jamaica, Bahama's, and Mexico!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics