Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jen
VIP June 2018 Ontario

Honeymoon is booked!

Jen, on November 21, 2017 at 01:47 Posted in Honeymoon 0 23

We decided on Secrets Papagayo in Costa Rica! We leave June 30th and can't frigging wait to be here! This is my very first tropical trip. I can't wait to see the ocean and be in paradise for a week with my husband! There are so many different excursions for us to do, such as a trip to an active volcano, hot springs, and so much more. I hope these next 6.5 months fly by!

Our roomHoneymoon is booked! 1

One of the restaurantsHoneymoon is booked! 2

Aerial of resortHoneymoon is booked! 3

Main pool Honeymoon is booked! 4

Pool at night Honeymoon is booked! 5

PlazaHoneymoon is booked! 6

BeachHoneymoon is booked! 7

23 Comments

Latest activity by Ashley, on November 28, 2017 at 08:19
  • Ashley
    Expert March 2018 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This looks like it is going to be a trip of a lifetime!

• Jes G.
    Frequent user June 2019 Ontario
    Jes G. ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

So beautiful! Congrats! I've heard so many great things about Costa Rica and I'm sure you'll have the best time ever Smiley smile

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Make an appointment with one. Ours was super cool and worked from home so it felt really comfortable. She gave us multiple different magazines to look at destinations but we had already narrowed it down to three different resorts we knew we wanted to go to. She gets to go through the airlines websites (sites we wouldn't see as consumers looking on our own) and found the best deals and told us when we should fly.

• Vanessa
    Expert August 2018 Manitoba
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's good to know as I have been going on Travel Zoo and those types of websites and haven't seen anything that really has caught my eye for destinations that meet our desires.

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We went through a travel agent! It helped save us sooooo much money going through one.

• Vanessa
    Expert August 2018 Manitoba
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Looks awesome. I have only started to look into packages for Europe. We have an idea of what we want but it seems that a travel agent is what we may need to go through to design a package for us maybe. We want to visit my FH's friend in Germany as well.

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks Bethany!!!

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

A week! We leave June 30th and come home on the 7th. We have a layover for the night in Toronto on the way home.

• Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That's awesome! And yes totally understand! Everyone at my work takes time off in August so winter isn't a huge issue! (I work in a greenhouse so winter isn't too crazy busy compared to summer/fall). And yes definitely post when you get back! It's always great when you hear a lot of people tell you it's a great place to go! Have fun and enjoy yourself!!
  • B
    Super August 2017 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    😍😍😍😍😍 Jen that's amazing it's so beautiful you're going to have a blast. How long are u going for
  • Brenda
    Expert April 2018 Ontario
    Brenda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes.. but I think anyplace warm is a beautiful option. I'm sure everyone will find a perfect place!! Smiley smile
  • Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Spain would be absolutely beautiful!

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We were going to hold off and wait too but we knew that if we didn't go right away that we wouldn't end up going. Also, because I'm fairly new at my job and have less seniority than most I likely wouldn't get time off in December/January to go away. I will definitely let you know! We have heard nothing but great things so far.

• Brenda
    Brenda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Gorgeous and congrats!! Enjoy
    Heard great things about Costa Rica was one of our choices as well but we are waiting a bit so we are hoping for Menorca, Spain
  • Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    This looks amazing!!! I'm not having my honeymoon until the winter (December 2018/January 2019) so I may consider this place! Let us know how it goes when you get back!! It should be beautiful in June!
  • Tiffany
    Devoted October 2017 Ontario
    Tiffany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Lucky you!!! We were looking into going to Costa Rica and this was one of the resorts when we were trying to decide! I've heard nothing but great things about Costa Rica! Enjoy! Smiley heart

• Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Wow this looks so beautiful! I am super jealous! I have been to Cuba and now Jamaica, and Costa Rica is on my list! So I can't wait to hear about your experience!

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

OMG! This looks amazing!!!

• Tatiana
    Tatiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Wow looks amazing, i hope the months fly by too Smiley smile

• Sasha
    Super October 2017 Ontario
    Sasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Wow looks beautiful congrats!!
  • Ap2017
    Super September 2017 Ontario
    Ap2017 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yes! Definitely lock the screen doors because the raccoons know how to open them if they're unlocked!

-Call and tell them you're on your honeymoon - you get a free couples massage and champagne!
    -Coco beach has some shops and restaurants and is less than 30 minutes away if you're looking to go off resort for a quick trip. Taxis are great. Have the resort call one for you and ask the cab driver for his card so you can call for a pick-up. Most are happy to do that. Tamarindo is another place to visit, though we didn't make it there we heard it was really nice.

-If you're into ziplining, we did 2 courses: Diamante (which was amazing and our favourite and we zip-line wherever we go...there was also an animal sanctuary) and the Megacombo (which was literally in the rainforest with volcanic hot springs afterward!)

-Some couples we met did the waterfall tour but we got rained out of ours when a hurricane hit Nicaragua so we couldn't go, but their photos were beautiful!

-There is a tour to go to Nicaragua and see a volcano up close. We've heard its great but a couple we met got stuck at the border for something like 3 hours and didn't get back into CR until 3 a.m.

-Swiss travel has great tour guides and transportation!

-We upgraded to Preferred status for a few dollars more a day and got access to more restaurants and special dinners and got to reserve the bungalows by the beach for the day, so it was worth it for us.

-Bring bug spray because you'll need it. They also keep cans of it at all the restaurants and bars you just have to ask to use it.

- Trivia night is awesome if you're into group activities!

-Our favourite restaurant was Aqua by the spa pool - the food was so delicious and fresh. Their sommelier was amazing as well if you are wine lovers.

-The Italian restaurant was also amazing!

-For the Barefoot grill for dinner, go at 6 or be prepared to wait for at least an hour.

-We were in 217 which was literally overlooking the mail pool, so if you want to be close to the action, ask for a room in that range. It was great because we didn't have to worry about forgetting something in our room, since we were so close. Some people had to shuttle from their rooms to the pool/restaurant area.

Everything there was so amazing! We were there when Tropical Storm Nate hit in October. We didn't have the worst of the weather, but got torrential downpour to the point that roads were washed out. Employees couldn't get in or out - they were short staffed and some people worked 3 days straight. Service didn't suffer one bit. No one was rude or short tempered. I was absolutely amazed by the way everything was handled. You've picked an awesome spot for your honeymoon!

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I'll take all the tips we can get! Especially about different things to do around the resort. I've heard about making sure you lock the glass door to your room or the animals sneak in and cause a ruckus lol
  • Ap2017
    Super September 2017 Ontario
    Ap2017 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Everything there is so amazing!

Have the best time! If you want any tips, let me know Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics