Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

K Hoff
Newbie November 2020 Alberta

Honeymoon in November...

K Hoff, on August 2, 2020 at 15:13 Posted in Honeymoon 0 7
Hey all! We are getting married in November, and we’re having a bit of a hard time figuring out things to do during our honeymoon! Does anyone have any ideas or recommendations for things within Canada?? We live in Alberta but we are happy to travel!

7 Comments

Latest activity by Veronica, on August 5, 2020 at 22:19
  • Veronica
    Super October 2021 Alberta
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

There are some beautiful cabins and glamping spots in the Rockies.

FH and I always stay at Baker Creek Lodge for a little winter getaway, its really secluded (so definitely COVID safe) and romantic! You could throw in a visit to the Kananaskis Spa while in the area as well.

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Normally I would try to convince you to come visit the maritimes, but this year you'd spend your whole honeymoon in quarantine.

I love the idea of acting like a tourist in your own province. Visit Canmore, Banff, or any spots you've never been to! Find an air b&b so you can cook or pack picnics and go for an adventure!
  • Vennessa
    Newbie August 2023 Ontario
    Vennessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Well, this is what my SO and I are planing to do. We live in ON. And plan to go to Canada's Wonderland for 3 days, the trip being 5 days. We didn't want to just sit on a beach and chill cause I can do that while camping. At C.W. there's the amusement park and waterpark, staying in a hotel then just take the last day to do fun activities in Toronto. Since the wedding is in Auguat 2021, going right after that would be perfect given the summer weather. Smiley smile It really depends on what kind of activities youguys want to do together.
    - Beaches?
    - Away from Alberta? - Sight seeing? - Amusements parks?- Fond of museums?- Hotels with spas?How long do you want your honeymoon to be? Smiley smile I'm sure youguys will think of something fun to do together. A lot of it will depend on what you both enjoy doing.Honeymoon in November... 1

• K
    Devoted August 2021 Nova Scotia
    Kl ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I mean if you’re happy to a stay within Alberta, I think a late autumn stay at a cabin in Banff or Jasper would be so cozy and romantic.
  • L
    Newbie September 2020 Ontario
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm in a similar situation, only I live in ON. My strategy was to book in a few places to allow for some flexibility in case the world blows up again. I feel like AB and ON have Premiers least likely to shut down the provinces again, so we have stuff booked in Banff, Niagara Falls, and Collingwood. I only booked places that had free cancellation and will book a flight provably 3 weeks before our honeymoon date, if we wind up going to AB.
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If you're wanting to travel to BC, there's some beautiful places to visit!

Kelowna, Victoria, Vancouver, Whistler, Tofino, Kamloops

• Jarrod
    Curious March 2022 Ontario
    Jarrod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It's difficult to say, based on not really knowing what the world is going to be like, but here are some suggestions if traveling away from Alberta is something you're interested in!

Niagara Falls - I've basically grown up here, but if you've never been, it is a pretty impressive place. If you're going in late November, you'll be able to witness the Winter Festival of Lights, perhaps some early freezing of the Falls if it's cold enough, and (if it happens this year) partake in Niagara On The Lake's "Taste The Season" wine event! Niagara Falls has TONS of different hotels and Bed and Breakfasts to stay at, for a wide range of budgets.

Yukon - I've never been, but oh do I ever want to go. To be able to look up and see the Northern Lights, few things would be more incredible, to me at least. Here's a website I was looking at a couple months ago all about the Northwest Territories.

Maritimes - I've been to a couple of the maritime provinces, and I think I've experienced every season in New Brunswick. One day I would love to buy a large plot of land and build a small cottage somewhere in New Brunswick, honestly. November could be brutal, there's a chance there will be a ton of snow pretty much anywhere on the East coast, but if you enjoy snow (I do!), it's pretty cool to see just how much they really get. There's no shortage of places to visit out East, Fogo Island, Newfoundland if you want privacy. Cape Breton, Nova Scotia was named the 3rd best island in the world by Travel + Leisure. Dalvay by the Sea, PEI, Princ William and Kate, the Duchess of Cambridge visited here for their honeymoon, if that kind of thing makes it a better recommendation for you.

Quebec City - A place designed for love and romance. Quebec City is a walled city, and when they string it with Christmas lights it looks like it belongs in a Charles Dickens novel. They offer horse drawn carriages through the city, the largest ski resort east of the rockies, and (if for whatever reason you decide to delay until February), Carnaval, which is filled with sculptures, parades, shows, and skating! The great part about (from my experience) the whole province of Quebec, is most people are almost fluently bilingual, and will gladly speak in English if you don't know much French.

Hopefully these few ideas give you some more things to ponder! No matter where you go, you'll be together, which is all a part of the magic. Best of luck picking a place, with your wedding, and best wishes for a long, happy future together.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics