Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Sheilah
Frequent user August 2019 Ontario

Honeymoon in Germany?

Sheilah, on June 27, 2018 at 15:45 Posted in Honeymoon 0 6
Has anyone been or looked into a honeymoon/trip to Germany? We have wanted to go forever and would love some advice on where to look and what it woukd be like!

Thanks!

6 Comments

Latest activity by Rachel, on June 29, 2018 at 01:24
  • R
    Newbie June 2019 Alberta
    Rachel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Germany sounds great Smiley smile I personally have never been but I have heard great things. You're more likely to enjoy yourself if you go somewhere you both are really looking forward to.
  • Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Germany is really easy to get around in, and taking the trains is a good choice! If you're interested in the Black Forest, you'll probably want to rent a car though or find a tour that will take you there. If you'll be in Germany for a while, I highly suggest Munich (and Dusseldorf, but it's a bit further away). If you have a chance, make your way to Berlin as well. I have never been, but there's lots to see there as well. Frankfurt is alright, but it's more buisiness-y than a tourist location, so it's not on the top of the list of German locations.

Around what time of year do you plan on going? I've mostly been in the spring and at Christmas (late November/early December) for their amazing Christmas markets! The summer is nice too, usually cooler temperatures than Ontario. Everything is typically closed on Sundays as a lot of people head into the forests to hike and enjoy nature, so keep that in mind while planning.

• Tyanna
    Super June 2019 British Columbia
    Tyanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Following this post for info too! We have talked about Germany for a long time, specifically the black forst and romantic road! Between that and doing wine tours in France ❤
  • Lisa
    Expert August 2019 Alberta
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi Sheilah, I haven't been there specifically - we went to Munich and then spent a full day driving around the gorgeous countryside, also went to Neuschwanstein and a few other places. All of the locals were lovely no matter where we went, the travel wasn't too bad, and there's so much to see and do, I'd go back again in a heartbeat and explore more! Not much help specifically, but I'm sure you'd have a wonderful time there!

• Sheilah
    Frequent user August 2019 Ontario
    Sheilah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi Lisa!!!

My fiance wants to go to a small place around the Black Forest. Karlsrhue he says. His grandparents are from around there I believe.
  • Lisa
    Expert August 2019 Alberta
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Sheilah,

It wasn't for a honeymoon, but my FH and I have been to Germany and we loved it! What part of Germany are you looking at travelling to? I'd be happy to help in any way I can.

Lisa

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics