Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jessica
Newbie June 2020 British Columbia

Honeymoon in France 🇫🇷

Jessica, on November 18, 2019 at 16:46 Posted in Honeymoon 0 8
Where should I go???
My fiancé and I are going to France for our honeymoon, but we need to know the best places to see! Paris, the Eiffel Tower, the Louvre are obvious...what are the other MUST SEE sights?

8 Comments

Latest activity by Ashley, on November 19, 2019 at 16:23
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Are you into museums and churches? also theres a bucket list here that has a ton! https://www.earthtrekkers.com/paris-bucket-list-best-experiences-paris/

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think it really depends on what you're interested in. We went to Paris because "it's Paris" and I probably enjoyed it the least of all of the places we went to (London, Rome and Florence were much better). Keep in mind...the World Cup final was going on so there was that going on as well. I don't do well in big crowds.

For me personally, I agree the South of France is where I would've spent my time. However, if you haven't been to Paris, I would go. You may find you prefer the busy city versus the South of France. I also wanted to check out Versailles which is a bit further away than Paris. I want to go back to do that.

• Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I agree with the others, Paris is definitely something to look into because of the tourist traps and the best times to go to places. My suggestion would be to only spend a couple of days and do the things you REALLY want (I had the same experience as Tori and they’re just as unhelpful if you speak French)
    Nice and the south of France was absolutely wonderful. Everyone’s much nicer and it has the beauty of the Mediterranean.
    The Norman and Brittany coast have lots of history that I’d highly recommend, including the walled island cities of Mont St. Michel and St. Malo.Of course Bordeaux and Champagne for the wine!Each region is known for its own specific thing and attractions. I’d really suggest looking them up. There’s so much to see in France outside of Paris!
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Avoid Paris 😂

When me and my DH went there for our 1 year dating anniversary it was hilarious how rude all the locals were and how much literal garbage there was there!!

If you MUST go - which I get it, it's pretty cool to go up the Eiffel tower - I would say you don't need to make a reservation... We went during the middle of the day on a weekday and there was no line up... Then again it doesn't hurt if it's free to do that?

For sure go outside the tourist area though as the prices (like everywhere that is touristy) are jacked up!

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If you are going up the Eiffel Tower you can make a reservation. You'll avoid the 2-3 hour line up. I would check out the catacombs as well super cool a little creepy.
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My friend and I did a few days in Paris during a trip to London. I think you can see the important stuff in a few days and move on to the rest of the country. I loved Sacre Coeur, it had an amazing view of the city lit up at night. We didn't bother going up the Eiffel tower, but got lots of photos around it.
  • Samantha
    Super June 2021 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My best friend and I were there just this past July ❤️ we were in the heart of Paris for 6 days, then took the high speed train to Bordeaux for 4 days, then stayed in Montmartre for the last 5 days of our trip. Bordeaux was by far my favourite part. It was just calmer and more relaxed where we were able to take it a bit slower and really soak in the country part of France where we went up into the mountains for a winery tour where we visited 3 different chateaus near St Emilion. Absolutely beautiful
  • Veronica
    Super October 2021 Alberta
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would check out Southern France like Nice for some beaches and relaxing, or Burgundy for some wine tasting! Normandy is really interesting from a historical point of view.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics