Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

I
Beginner December 2022 Alberta

Honeymoon in British Columbia, Canada ideas

Izabela, on August 10, 2020 at 10:23 Posted in Honeymoon 1 20
Hello everyone

Due to covid we will not be able to go on our honeymoon to Greece as panned. We are now planning our honeymoon in British Columbia Canada where we will be driving from Alberta. Anyone have any tips on best hotels/ romantic activities to do? We are having a hard time deciding on where to start and getting out “honeymoon hotel” after the first week we won’t be as picky Smiley winking . We leave sept 15 2020 for 3 weeks . Thanks !

20 Comments

Latest activity by Jes, on September 10, 2020 at 02:37
  • Jes
    Beginner August 2021 Ontario
    Jes ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If you like nature then maybe head north to the Yukon. If you check it out let us know.

• I
    Izabela ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you for these suggestions I really appreciate it ! We haven’t been able to get a set plan yet because BC seems to be super busy it’s crazy ! We booked one hotel in parksville on the island and that’s about it, the rest we will go with the flow so thank you for these suggestions. I often refer back to these posts to see what people have suggested ! I am excited to explore Bc a bit more !
  • T
    Newbie February 2021 British Columbia
    Taelor ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would definitely recommend going to Osoyoos for a least a couple nights if you do get around to hitting up Kelowna. (Watermark Beach Resort Hotel is beautiful) BEST wineries out there and during that time in September, it won't be as busy and the tourists tend to leave lol. Oliver is like 30 minutes away which also has the best wineries (hence why it is the wine capital of Canada) Smiley winking

Also another great place to check out is Harrison Hot Springs - it's in Harrison, there is a hotel there - super romantic, I have stayed there many times and I love it! - There is great hiking around there and there is also the lake with a ton of restaurants and shops on the strip! Also if you want to take a sick drive up the mountain about 50-60km up there is the actual natural hot springs which are beautiful as well Smiley smile

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Of course! Anytime! Glad I could help!

• Michelle
    Frequent user June 2023 British Columbia
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I’m excited for you, and also sad you don’t get to go to greece this year. Greece is on my bucket list for sure.

Ucluelet and tofino are pretty close to eachother, so personally I would stay a week or so in either of those places. It’s pretty easy to take a day trip to tofino or ucluelet. If you want to see Victoria I would recommend staying there for a few nights since it is such a long drive from tofino. I love downtown Victoria so I would stay down there, and definitely check out vacation rentals in the downtown. There are great boutique shops, art, museums, and great food. Victoria and tofino/ucluelet both should have some great whale watching options in September too!

• I
    Izabela ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you so so much! How long do you think would be idea to stay there? We are thinking now of making that the main honeymoon part and spending most of our time there. We have 3 weeks so we could do Tofino and ucletlet and then one more place. We were thinking kelowna too but it depends how cases are by then.

I emailed the two resorts you have suggested! I’m hoping they have rooms for our dates 🤞 we will likely only stay a few days and then find an Airbnb as the hotels are pretty pricy if we plan to stay more than a week. I appreciate any ideas for attractions too!! So excited, thank you for making our BC honeymoon as exciting as we were for Greece😊
  • Michelle
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I’m glad I could help! I’m born and raised island girl, so let me know if you have any questions! Tofino and Ucluelet are truly amazingly beautiful. Make sure to stop and take a walk around cathedral grove on your way there ☺️

• I
    Izabela ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you Amanda !! This is so great! I’m going to look into this tomorrow. This feed has been so helpful! We’re getting so many ideas from all of you 🤗 makes it so much easier to plan in such a short amount of it. Thank you thank you!
  • I
    Izabela ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Whoa!! This looks unreal! Thank you so much for all your ideas were definitely doing at least one of these. I’m really liking the idea of Tofino too, it looks so amazing there !
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

The Kananaskis hotel is absolutely beautiful! Stayed there many times! The grounds that the hotel is on is amazing and so many hiking trails and scenery to see as well!

For Kelowna hotels, check out Delta Hotels by Marriott Grand Okanagan Resort. It's the only place my family stays at! (my parents own one of the condo's that's attached to the hotel) It's right on the waterfront. And it's close to everything.

Honeymoon in British Columbia, Canada ideas 1

If you're wanting a really good winery to go to, i would highly recommend Summerhill Pyramid Winery! Not just because it's my wedding venue next year, the place is beautiful and the people there are just amazing!

Honeymoon in British Columbia, Canada ideas 2

There's also some amazing hiking trails if that's something you and your future husband are interested in. One that I highly recommend is Myra Canyon! It goes along Kettle Valley Railway. You go across bridges that were used for the railway back in the day!

Honeymoon in British Columbia, Canada ideas 3

There's also one of my favorites is Kangaroo Creek Farm. Where you can go and visit Kangaroos and other animals as well!

Honeymoon in British Columbia, Canada ideas 4

• Michelle
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

September is usually nice. Cooler but not winter weather. Sometimes it rains a lot lol. It’s been a cooler August here so I’m not sure if it’ll be a cooler September or be nice and warm. October starts to get cool. The roads are fine for the most part. The Victoria drive is no problem really but I think October they start requiring winter tires. Once November through to end of February is crappy weather. Best time to be here is July and August. Ucluelet is colder than parksville

• Megan
    Frequent user April 2021 Ontario
    Megan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks Michelle, that's great info! One more question - as we're also thinking of heading to BC over the winter - how is the winter driving from Victoria to Ucluelet or Tofino?

• I
    Izabela ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Kelowna was is definitely on our list. I wanted to do I wine tour for sure. Any recommendations for hotels/ Airbnb ? We were thinking the Nordic spa in Kananaskis for a couple days, then Kelowna for a week, do you know how the weather in Kelowna is mid sept? And after that we aren’t sure.. we have 3 weeks so we definitely want to cover some ground. Any ideas would be appreciated!
  • I
    Izabela ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Wow! This looks breathtaking ! Thank you for attaching the link ... I’m going to look into it. How’s the weather on the island around mid sept, do you know?
  • Michelle
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Add on* lol

tigh na Mara resort in parksville is amazing. The spa there is also amazing.

https://tigh-na-mara.com/

• Michelle
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I have never actually stayed there! I only live about 3.5 hours away, and last time we stayed there we did a vacation rental BUT I have always heard amazing things about blackrock. The premium rooms are expensive and I think they have treetop rooms! It’s one of the best storm watching hotels in Ucluelet. I would also recommend checking out the vacation rentals in the area. There are a lot of beautiful spots on the island, Victoria is one of my favourite places to visit. But I don’t think any of their hotels can compete with blackrock, in my opinion lol. Like I said if you like peace and quiet it’s a great place. If you want excitement, I would consider victoria over ucluelet. Ucluelet is also out of the way. If you wanted to go to Victoria for the day it would be 4.5-5 hour drive, one way.

• Megan
    Megan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Wow! The Blackrock resort looks stunning. Have you stayed there before?

• Megan
    Megan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would head to Victoria, Tofino or Kelowna. Lots to do anywhere you go - just depends when you're going and what you like to do Smiley smile

• Michelle
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If you don’t mind the cooler weather, Ucluelet is gorgeous, quiet, small, peaceful and romantic. Blackrock resort is beautiful https://www.blackrockresort.com/ and in the same area is tofino which has the wickaninnish inn https://www.wickinn.com/

• Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Where are you wanting to travel to in BC? Kelowna is absolutely beautiful in September with all the fall colors and the weather is pretty decent still. There's some really great hotels that are right on the lake front and there's also a lot of romantic things to do like winery tours, fruit plant tours etc

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics