Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

K
Beginner August 2021 Ontario

Honeymoon in BC - Whistler or Tofino??

Karissa, on April 18, 2021 at 20:55 Posted in British Columbia 0 6
Any advice/recommendations, from Ontario would like to book a honeymoon in B.C either Toffino, or Whistler will book something that can be cancelled without fee. Any advice ? Is there one better than another? Thanks in advance, don’t have any past travel experience in B.C

6 Comments

Latest activity by Christiana, on April 21, 2021 at 13:29
  • Christiana
    Super November 2020 British Columbia
    Christiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yeah it’s so hard to say what August will be like. Right now businesses in BC aren’t even supposed to accept bookings for out of province (and even out of region within BC!) visitors. But right now that’s only in place until the end of May. There have unfortunately been major outbreaks in tourist destinations in BC because people from Ontario and Quebec have vacationed there and brought COVID, and variants, with them. Whistler for example had an absolutely massive outbreak and the entire place had to be shut down. Staying within your own province is definitely a safer bet.

If things do drastically improve I think Tofino is a better summer option, but it also depends on your interests and what you want to do. Whistler can be pretty dead in the summer but there are lakes you can hang out at and lots of hiking to do.
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

My fiance and I just postponed our August 7 wedding to next summer for the fact that we don't know what the province will do and how restrictions will be in 3 months. Even though we do have a home in Kelowna, we don't want to risk ourselves and all of our guests with potentially not being able to get into BC since we live in Alberta.

But it's totally up to you on what you guys want to do but I wouldn't travel to different provinces at this moment in time

• K
    Karissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks for the feedback, I think we may just book something that can be refundable with the hope that August will be better. Because I know it’s changed so much within weeks. But I assume a couple months ago it was a better time to think of going between provinces. Please give me you thoughts!
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If I were you I would maybe consider going somewhere in Ontario for your honeymoon.

The premier is really wanting people that are not residents of BC to stay away as much as they can at the moment.

Once this pandemic is over, you guys can make your way to BC for a nice getaway.

• K
    Karissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    End of August! Should have put that in there.
  • Christiana
    Super November 2020 British Columbia
    Christiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    When are you planning on going? Activities in each will be vastly different depending on the time of year.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics