Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Camille
Curious September 2016 Quebec

honeymoon in BC. what to see and what to do?

Camille, on July 27, 2016 at 11:42 Posted in Honeymoon 0 9

Hello to all people on the west coast!

My fiancé and I are planning our honeymoon in British Columbia. We have never gone.

Any romantic place you would recommend? What cities should we visit? What should we see?

We love outdoor activities. We are very active people. But also looking for nice romantic hotels to have good meals and spend some time together. Thanks for your suggestions!

Camille

9 Comments

Latest activity by Camille, on September 8, 2016 at 08:05
  • Camille
    Camille ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Devon, I just had a look at your suggestions. I will put Whistler and Tofino in my list. They look very romantic places! Smiley smile

• Devon
    Beginner May 2017 British Columbia
    Devon ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I live just outside Vancouver and there's so much you can do in the area! One place I'd definately recommend going is Whistler. It's absolutely gorgeous and you can do so many different activities year-round. My fiance proposed to me there so I may be a little biased. Smiley tongue Also, to the east of Vancouver is Harrison Hot Springs. Completely relaxing! I also agree with @Rashna, Vancouver Island is a great place to honeymoon as well (it's where my fiance and I are planning to go right now for our honeymoon). We're looking at Tofino.

• Camille
    Camille ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thank you a lot Emilie and Rashna! It really helps me! I will look to book in novembre.

• Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Camille! Smiley heart

I think it's a great idea you asked your question here to get local advice! Smiley smile

What are your favourite romantic activities to do as a couple?

Maybe you could find places in Vancouver that offer these activities.

Here are a few discussions to inspire you for your honeymoon

How is you ideal honeymoon?

What activities will you do on your honeymoon?

How many days are you going on honeymoon?

Any place in particular in the BC you've always wished to see?

• Rashna
    Frequent user October 2016 British Columbia
    Rashna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My boyfriend tells me the best time to go salmon fishing is october and november. You can still go in the winter if you want a less busy season, but there won't be as much fishing.

• Camille
    Camille ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thanks for the advice! It's so great to be able to get your advice. The fihsing lodge looks like a great idea I did not know it existed. I will look Smiley smile We are not sure yet when we will go on our honey moon if we will go in october or maybe in january after christmas break but I am sure all your suggestions will be useful!!

• Rashna
    Frequent user October 2016 British Columbia
    Rashna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm from Vancouver Smiley smile There are different places you can visit on Vacouver island and BC in general has unbelievable nature and stunning mountains so I would recommend staying in the city only for a few days. It also depends what time of the year you are going. Also if you're really into hiking and want more of an adventurous bakcpacking trip there's the West Coast Trail which is like 75km.. or you can just hike or visit a few spots along the coast but it's gorgeous! If you go during winter, there's also skiing in the mountains or in the summer/fall kayak and canoe or even fishing like you could go to a fishing lodge and eat good food. some of them also have spas, etc. You have many options here and I really think you could have a great romantic honeymoon here in BC Smiley winking

• Camille
    Camille ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am looking for the 2. We want to visit the city a few days like Vancouver - and others if you recommend it- but also go hiking and spend a bit of time in nature and maybe even fishing?

• Sharon
    Frequent user October 2017 Alberta
    Sharon ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I know the BC a bit but not that much... Are you looking for a place to hike or more like hotels and activities to do in the city?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics