Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

J
Beginner May 2018 Ontario

Honeymoon ideas please!!!!

Jillian, on March 8, 2018 at 08:49 Posted in Honeymoon 0 6

Hey everyone,

originally we were looking to do a European cruise for our honeymoon but the one we want is ending up to be crazy expensive. We want to do something this June but I am having trouble coming up with ideas. We just went to Cuba and do not want to go anywhere else Zika infected. Anyone have any ideas for a fun honeymoon? Any good European cities you would recommend? We just did a cruise last year and we went to Italy, France, Spain and then spent a week in Paris.

thanks so much!!!

6 Comments

Latest activity by Michelle, on March 8, 2018 at 18:16
  • Michelle
    Super September 2018 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We booked an all inclusive resort in Jamaica called Sandals Ochi they tend to have 65% off on their website frequently. We payed about $12,000 CAD for 14 days in Nov. Original price was listed @ $29,000 CAD.

• J
    Jillian ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I want to do an Alaskan cruise so badly but my fiancé was like, we aren't old lol its not just for old people but he wont listen haha one day. I have heard they are spectacular for all ages.

yes maybe an alternative to doing a cruise would be just going to one or 2 Greece islands. that could be a lot of fun!

• Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Alaska cruises are amazing, but typically around that 2K per person mark as well.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Unfortunately most of the warm places in the world that have mosquitoes also have Zika potential so my list will probably be rather short.

You could do something in Scandinavia (Finland, Sweden, Norway), I have heard great things about Greece (specifically the islands for honeymooners), Eastern Europe in general will be cheaper than the rest of Europe (Romania, Croatia etc).

If you still like the cruise idea I have heard that Alaskan cruises are amazing.

• J
    Jillian ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Wow thank you for the great suggestions! I originally was looking at a cruise to Greece and Croatia but its about 2000 a person not including the flight so its out. but your other ideas are great! I will definitely look into it this weekend Smiley smile

• Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If you still want to do a cruise, you could always look into ones that go to Croatia and Greece. I haven't done a cruise to either location, but have visited both separately and they are fantastic locations to see, and rather cheap for a European location (many Eastern Europe locations are decently priced).

I know it is also common for people to do a yacht trip in Croatia, where there are a few other people on the ship, with a captain to guide and everyone takes turn cooking and going to various locations.

Lastly, Malta is another location!! I did a week long trip there a few years ago, and I couldn't say enough good things about it. We did an all-inclusive resort (you could even do half board). It is such a little gem of a country! Definitely recommend it

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics