Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Carissa
Curious July 2018 Ontario

Honeymoon Ideas

Carissa, on October 12, 2017 at 07:28 Posted in Honeymoon 0 10
Does anybody have any honeymoon suggestions? good places to go? resorts to stay at? things that you did on yours (massage, snorkeling,etc) that you would suggest? who did you book through? what was the company? also PRICES! what is TOO MUCH to pay, versus what is average? Thanks Smiley smile

10 Comments

Latest activity by Ap2017, on October 18, 2017 at 10:38
  • Ap2017
    Super September 2017 Ontario
    Ap2017 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We went to Costa Rica for the honeymoon and it was amazing!
    I think our next big trip will be a train trip around Europe - go backpacking and see all the sights!

We also plan to do some long weekend trips over the next year to places like NYC, New Orleans, San Francisco, places like that.

• Sonja
    VIP September 2017 Ontario
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I wish I had done that, Andrea. Do you have any destinations in mind?

• Daphne
    Super July 2017 British Columbia
    Daphne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Reykjavik, Iceland is my suggestion. Beautiful night skies (and northern lights), loads of scenic places to explore, and loads of spas (with great scenery) to relax.

• Ap2017
    Ap2017 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This was my thought when we were planning our honeymoon, too! We spent so much time running around leading up to the wedding, we both needed the R&R that came along with our honeymoon. We'll plan an action packed vacation as our next big trip!

• Sonja
    VIP September 2017 Ontario
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

One thing I don't recommend is a road trip. We did this to the east coast for our honeymoon and we were so exhausted from driving, we really didn't enjoy it. Some parts were very nice but I wouldn't want to spend 2 weeks in a vehicle again. Choose a place you can relax. You'll need it after the stress of a wedding.

• Ashley
    Expert March 2018 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My FH and I are doing a two week getaway! We wanted this to be the biggest trip we will ever do! Plus after the wedding reality sets in and we are moving into our place and this will be probably the last time we go away for quiet a few years.

Our first week is a 6 day Caribbean cruise and then 6 days in Walt Disney World. It has always been my childhood dream to spend my honeymoon in Disney and my FH surprised me saying that it fit in our budget! (a few happy magical Disney tears were shed)

Do something that the both of you want to do and what is comfortable in your budget, also try doing a honeymoon registry once you find a place(s) you want to go. That can help with costs especially if you already live together and have all of your home items.

We did a honeymoon registry because that way we can include a picture(s) in our thank you notes when we get home with the specific thing someone bought us to do on our honeymoon (eg; bottle of wine at dinner, dinner out, ticket to a park, excursions, or general contribution)

• Lynnie
    WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina
    Lynnie Online ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

When we were trying to decide where to go on our honeymoon, these were the factors we thought through:

- How much time can we take off for the honeymoon? (Affected how many places we could go and how far we wanted to travel!)

- How far do we want to travel?

- What kind of trip are we envisioning? Mountains, beach, relaxing, adventurous, touristy? Once we settled on our idea of what we wanted (relaxing on the beach all day, really cool private villa or suite, access to great restaurants) it made our research much easier!

- Do we want to go somewhere brand new or revisit a favorite location?

- When are we going? Make sure to look up peak tourist season and weather info for the month of your honeymoon in each destination!

- And of course... how much are we comfortable spending? 💰

We ended up honeymooning in St. Lucia for 4 nights and then Barbados for 4 nights! The Caribbean worked well for us because the flights from DC are relatively short and cheap, and it's easy to island hop. St. Lucia had the ridiculously luxurious private villa and gorgeous natural landscape we were looking for, and Barbados had the stunning beaches and awesome restaurants!

For more honeymoon tips, check out Tips for Choosing the Perfect Honeymoon Destination and How to Decide Where to Go On Your Honeymoon !

• Ashley
    Super June 2018 Alberta
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would look on deals thru airlines, and they usually have all inclusive deals. Don't waste your time going to the travel places, But u might also want to check out Romantic Planet. They specialize in honeymoon and destination weddings.

• Ap2017
    Ap2017 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We went to Secrets Papagayo in Costa Rica and it was nothing short of amazing! It was all inclusive - impeccable rooms and grounds, friendly and prompt service from everyone on staff and private rooms. I would hands down recommend it to anyone on a honeymoon! Plus, CR has tons to do for adventure, so you can go on lots of different excursions!

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It depends on what type of honeymoon you want to do. If you are going right after your wedding you may want to choose somewhere in the Caribbean to relax for a week. If you are adventurous, you would probably like to do something like Banff where you can enjoy the town and the hiking and maybe do some camping. If you are saving up and want an exotic vacation you could try Bora Bora, Fiji, Bali etc.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics