Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Bethany
Curious May 2021 Nova Scotia

Honeymoon ideas!

Bethany, on May 11, 2020 at 18:30 Posted in Honeymoon 0 9

Hello All,
My fiance and I are planning to get married in May of 2021, and originally planning to go to Montreal for our honeymoon. With everything going on right now, we have decided to pick a different destination for our honeymoon. Wanting to stay within Canada, we have narrowed it down to the following places:

- St. John's & area NFLD
- Somewhere in the Rockies (first to mind are Banff & Jasper)
- Victoria, BC
- Whitehorse, YK (Although unsure how feasible this option is in late May in terms of travel)
- Grand Pre, NS

We are interested in fun sights to see, relaxing spa treatments, and relaxation!
Whether you live in/around one of these areas or have travelled there, what are some pros and cons, or things to do in these cities/areas?
Thank you in advance!

9 Comments

Latest activity by Ashley, on June 11, 2020 at 11:05
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Those are great choices in NB&NS there are lots of lakes and water so youll be able to swim or even rent an air bnb on the waterfront. there is also fresh fresh seafood. in bnaff theres lots of hiking trails and water as well you can also go to the massive massive mall there with an indoor roller coaster. anywhere you go just air bnb it

• Bethany
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think we have made a [general] decision!

We are trying to keep our costs down, and have decided that if we stick within the Maritimes for our honeymoon, we will be able to splurge on the nicer hotels /B&B's, restaurants etc... and then we will save up and do a cross-country vacation to celebrate our 1st wedding anniversary together the year after!

• Patricia
    Frequent user July 2021 Ontario
    Patricia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would suggest Rockies (we were also thinking going here for our honeymoon). So many sites to see, rent a car and drive yourself, beautiful out west!
  • Bethany
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you so much for your reply! I do love how drive-able Nova Scotia is!

• K
    Devoted August 2021 Nova Scotia
    Kl ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Okay I’m super biased as I’ve lived in NS all my life but Grand Pre would be amazing!! Tons of gorgeous scenery, multiple wineries and locally sourced restaurants, etc. I don’t know about spas personally but I’m sure they are around. If you rent a car you’d also be less than an hour from quaint Oceanside towns such as Lunenburg, Chester, etc. And better yet you’d be 45ish minutes from Halifax if you’re craving a night in the city / more elaborate spa, dining, or entertainment options.

Honestly though your entire shortlist sounds fab! You can’t go wrong. Good luck and happy planning Smiley smile
  • Bethany
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you for your reply! Our thought process with Grand Pre is that it is definitely beautiful, where it is most local, we can afford to splurge a little more on things such as food/accommodations!

I am definitely curious about Banff in spring, I grew up in Southern Alberta, but my fiance has never been out west, and I think the Rockies would be a beautiful place to go!
  • Haylee
    Frequent user July 2020 Ontario
    Haylee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Of these places, I've been to Banff (in the middle of March and full-blown winter) and Grand Pre (end of July). I never would've thought of Grand Pre as a honeymoon destination, but honestly if you're looking for something very laid back, lowkey, private, it's perfect!!! There are some cute, rustic motels right along the Bay of Fundy. The one in particular I stayed in was called Beach Breeze Motel I think. Access right onto the ocean floor during low tide - my mom and I hiked for about 3 hours - and they even have a little hose to wash your feet off with afterwards. The sunsets and sunrises are breathtaking. And Wolfville, not far from Grand Pre, is full of cute shops!

Banff would be more hustle and bustle I think but a very beautiful place as well. I want to see Lake Louise in the summertime with the turquoise water and mountains. Winter was an amazing experience to hike and cross-country ski across the lake in the snow.

• Bethany
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you for your reply!
  • Laura
    Devoted June 2022 Ontario
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

St John's NFLD is so beautiful! Same with Van/Victoria. Both would be great options - lots of outdoor activities/sight seeing/hiking to do plus spas and relaxation. I'd go with one of those two.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics