Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Monique
Devoted August 2020 Saskatchewan

Honeymoon Ideas

Monique, on October 16, 2019 at 15:24 Posted in Honeymoon 0 10

Hello! We need help deciding what to do for our honeymoon,

Our dream honeymoon is to go to London but it would cost $3700 for only 4 days. I’d love to be able to go to London for 7-10 days but I don’t know if we can afford to do that.

Are there any awesome places that we can go to for 5ish days that has fun activities like museums, nice nature to walk around, good food (bonus points if there’s great gluten free food!)? We’re open to driving for up to 10 hrs (we live in SK) and flying but we’d like to spend a max of $2000. Thanks guys!

10 Comments

Latest activity by Monique, on October 18, 2019 at 00:21
  • Monique
    Monique ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We're not really beach people but thanks for the suggestion!

• Monique
    Monique ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That sounds like a good idea, I think leaving the province would help make it feel more special. We've been discussing Edmonton which is a price-friendly alternative :3

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You might be able to find an all inclusive for 5-7 days in the Caribbean for that price. Not sure about the gluten free options, that would probably depend on the hotel chain.

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I agree with Tori on the minimoon. We did one up north here in Ontario for 5 nights. Although only 2 days were just us, it was still nice to get away and spend time together without being at home!

Maybe do a staycation, get a hotel room, or air B&B and do some local activities that you normally wouldn't do.

• Monique
    Monique ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you!

• Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Check https://skiplagged.com/ they have very cheap airfares!!

• Monique
    Monique ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I saw your mini moon post earlier today, it looked like you two enjoyed yourselves! Haha yeah, maybe there’s something interesting in SK. Lol I have a lot of my family in Manitoba, that made me think “rooming with family would save money, JK!”

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Well for me and my Husband we just stayed inside the city (Winnipeg) and did a few activities - here's the link to my Mini-moon discussion: Mini-moon in Winnipeg

I'm sure if you take a look you would be surprised on what you can find in Saskatchewan, or if you like what we did - Winnipeg is only 8 hour drive or short plane ride away!

• Monique
    Monique ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We would definitely consider a mini moon until we can go on a large trip to London. I’m not sure where we would go for a mini moon, do you have any recommendations?

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

What me and my Husband did was a mini moon for a few days right after the wedding and then we are waiting until we can afford a big honeymoon (most likely early 2020)? Would that be something you would consider?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics