Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Alix
Beginner September 2018 New Brunswick

Honeymoon fund/ Registry

Alix, on March 6, 2018 at 18:47 Posted in Honeymoon 0 12

Is anyone setting up a honeymoon fund/registry online for cash gifts? Any website suggestions? If not, how are you planning on addressing cash gifts? My FH and I have lived together for 5 years and we have everything we need, but we would love to do some travelling and put money towards a new home. Thoughts?

12 Comments

Latest activity by Gigi, on December 27, 2021 at 15:00
  • Gigi
    Newbie April 2022 British Columbia
    Gigi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

How does one link or find the registry page. trying to link it on mine and cannot find it Smiley sad

• Peggy
    Super May 2019 Alberta
    Peggy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We set up a honeymoon registry - I expect most guests will just put cash/cheques in a card, but this still lets those who really want to buy 'something' be able to tell us what they'd like their funds to go towards - special meal, spa treatment, etc.

We are doing a very small registry for our older guests that really want to have something to wrap in gift paper, though - maybe 15-20 items that we really love and want but can't justify buying for ourselves.

• Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We did a registry for our older guests who really like the idea of actual items, but kept it very limited to what we really wanted. We also have been living together for two years and don't need new things as a lot of the stuff we have is still fairly new.

I think people will give cash for the most part.. it's more common now.

• Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are going to have a stag and doe and all the money raised from that will be our honeymoon fund. For cash gifts we put a message on our website under the registry tab (I attached a photo) and our parents/wedding party are going to be spreading the word by mouth as well. We were upfront about why we wanted cash gifts but we also have a registry of like 20 items if people don't want to give us cash and the items are things we would like to have but probably wouldn't buy ourselves anytime soon because we don't need them.

Honeymoon fund/ Registry 1
  • Lynnie
    WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina
    Lynnie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Alix! Check out our Honeymoon Registry 101 article for honeymoon registry tips and website suggestions:

Honeymoon Registry 101

This past community discussion may also be helpful!

Will you have a honeymoon registry??
  • Ap2017
    Super September 2017 Ontario
    Ap2017 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We used honeyfund.com for my shower registry. We didn't have any wedding registry listed and ended up getting cash from people who wanted to give gifts.

• Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are doing a cash/ honey fund. We live together already as well as live across the country to all out family so it's easier to just get the money lol
  • Michelle
    Super September 2018 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are doing a card box, also with my culture we have the red envelopes so guests will be putting money in for our "honey fund" we have set up a small gift registry for those that don't like giving money to ppl.

I wrote on my website something along the lines of: We have everything we need but we would love a contribution to the next step in our happily ever after, as we would love a place to call our own.

So then guests know where the money will be going towards, as FH and I are renting and working towards saving for a down payment for a house.

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If you don’t register for anything, guests should get the message that monetary gifts are appropriate instead.
  • Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re setting up a honeymoon fund. We really don’t need household items but are going to England which is pricey. I’ve looked around and I quite like flight centre’s. It doesn’t look as pretty, but you don’t pay for the service and the money goes on to an e-gift card to use for booking flights.
  • Jocelyn
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Jocelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Nope. my FH and i prefer new stuff for the kitchen- we cook & entertain a lot during the holidays
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Look at myregistry.com. There's an option to have a monetary fund and it's worded nicely, not just: give us money!

Another one you might be interested in looking at is honeyfund.com. From what I saw, it's basically for honeymoons, and can also be put towards gift cards for travelling.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics