Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

N
Curious June 2018 British Columbia

Honeymoon fund etiquette for sharing with non-guests

Nadine, on June 6, 2017 at 19:09 Posted in Honeymoon 0 3
So I'm working on a wedding website and still researching honeyfund websites or do it on my own.

Question regarding the sites, is it okay to share the sites with non-guests for the honey fund.
And what about the website for non-guests.
i.e. everyone we have on facebook, but not invited..... We've made our announcement on FB, everyone's asking questions.

So going to do up a website but thought best leave that to guests only. But sure would like to raise funds for the honeymoon would it be cool to share the honeyfund website with non-guests. We do have some that live far away and we know they couldn't make it to the wedding and some of them are family. As for the wedding site the only thing I have on it is our Save the Date card I made up. But if I share that with non-guests, that I'm guessing would be bad, thinking save that site for non-guests once I get other stuff on the sit.

I'm just not sure what I should and shouldn't share with non-guests.

3 Comments

Latest activity by Erin, on June 7, 2017 at 14:44
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    In my opinion it's a little weird to ask people you haven't invited to your wedding to contribute to your honeymoon. I agree with Katherine that it will probably look "gift grabby". Even if your family loves far away you should consider inviting them unless you really don't want them there. It is a nice gesture and makes people feel included.
  • N
    Curious June 2018 British Columbia
    Nadine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thanks, last thing I want to do is look gift grabby. We don't need anything for our home, going to register at bed bath and beyond as an alternate, but we just like to take a great honeymoon.

Thanks

• Katherine
    Super September 2017 New Brunswick
    Katherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    When you say share the honeymoon website do you mean posting on facebook, sending cards or word of mouth? I'd say word of mouth is fine but the other two look "gift grabby" IMHO... Wedding website should be for guests only... As for the ones who are too far or too old to come, you might consider inviting them anyway... Especially if they are family and you are inviting everyone else... My cousin didn't invite our grandma to her wedding (she is 95 and doesn't travel) we are still talking about that over a year later.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics