Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Marissa
Frequent user October 2021 Alberta

Honeymoon Destinations in July?

Marissa, on February 9, 2020 at 03:35 Posted in Honeymoon 0 19

I need help! We have been debating over when to go for our honeymoon, and we're leaning towards going in July. It's a bit backwards, as our wedding is in August, however I am currently working a temp job that ends in June, and planning to find a new job after the wedding. I'll have the entire month of July free, and my fiance's work is busier in the winter (hvac), so summer is great for him as well.

We aren't too sure where is best to go for a July trip. We wouldn't want to go somewhere warm due to the time of year, we'd like to go somewhere in Canada or the States, something 7-10 days, and somewhere not too busy with people/more private and relaxed.

I'd love to get any suggestions, recommendations, and ideas! Where would you/did you go?

19 Comments

Latest activity by Angele, on April 13, 2020 at 05:47
  • Angele
    Newbie March 2017 Ontario
    Angele ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We booked a trip to Georgia last summer. And you know, I'd probably never have a chance to find out how beautiful and unusual this country is. We chose one of the trips with the help of this agency https://onewaytour.ge/ I certainly recommend picking this one for your upcoming honeymoon.

• Marissa
    Marissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yea I've never explored the island before can't wait! We're flying in and out of Nanaimo, we booked an Airbnb near Qualicum Beach, and I want to drive to both Tofino and Victoria at some point during our 7 day stay. Maybe we'll check out some other places too, but that's all I've planned so far.
  • Heidi
    Frequent user July 2020 British Columbia
    Heidi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Dude, the island is beautiful. Where abouts are you going?

• Marissa
    Marissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thanks again for all the replies. I feel bad we didn't end up choosing something mentioned here but we had a bit of a restriction on how much we could spend for this. I know we plan to do more traveling in the future so lots of great ideas for future trips. We settled on Vancouver Island. My back up plan was Banff if I couldn't convince him, but we found a way to bring the cost down and we booked the trip! I'm so excited 😀
  • Marissa
    Marissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That's okay I don't mind!
  • Sammi0723
    Beginner September 2020 Alberta
    Sammi0723 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi Anna,

My family is from Italy and Croatia and we travel there very regularly in the summer time. August is the busiest time to travel to Europe and probably the most expensive. If you want less crowds and cheaper flights its either you go before June 15 or after September 15th.

Hope that helps!

- Samantha

• A
    Frequent user August 2020 Ontario
    Anna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Just wanted to jump in to specifically ask you if you find Europe busy in August? We were considering Italy for August 2020 and on TripAdvisor everyone was saying it's a nightmare (Amalfi Coast specifically) as Europeans take their holidays in August (mid of month) and head to the beach... so we scrapped the idea. Thoughts? Sorry to take over the thread but couldn't help but ask.

• April
    Newbie July 2020 Alberta
    April ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would highly recommend Banff
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We spent a month in europe it was amazing!! i would def go to italy or greece!! do something awesome! check out smaller cities there will be less people!

• Hayley
    Curious May 2021 British Columbia
    Hayley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm originally from Europe and highly recommend taking a couple of weeks to visit a few countries. It's not overly busy as a lot of europeans head to the beach for the summer or North America. Pl;us, food, accommodation, and travel within europe is very cheap!! It's just the initial flight getting there.

Highly recommend Italy and Croatia - Both have incredible weather, great food, and not as crowded as other places. You can travel around Italy then catch a ferry from Trieste, Italy to Pula in Croatia. Then head north through Croatia and Slovenia back to Italy.

Island hopping in Greece is also a fun trip - Santorini is beautiful!!!

If you want to stay in Canada you could do Victoria or Banff? and visit Jasper/ Lake Louise etc or have a cross country road trip?

• Marissa
    Marissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes mini-moon is a great idea! My fiance asked me to find a cheaper idea, so I think shorter trip is something I need to consider. It sucks that it sounds like going to Mexico can be cheaper than going to another province (family members suggesting Caribbean), but going there doesn't work for that time of year - we don't like too much heat! Driving to Edmonton, Jasper, or possibly Banff would be no problem for us. I haven't checked out events in those cities in July yet, but I'll give that a shot!
  • Marissa
    Marissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ooh Italy is definitely on my bucket list for places to go. I'll admit I'm disappointed with our situation as I got my hopes up to go on a honeymoon this year, and my FH wants to wait a year, so maybe we'll have to do a small trip this year so that I still get to go somewhere, and plan something bigger for next year. We'll keep that in mind for the bigger trip!
  • Marissa
    Marissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks for the ideas! I have always wanted to go check out the east coast, so I'll take a look into it!
  • Marissa
    Marissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I love the chef idea! Yes we're paying for a lot of the wedding ourselves as well, and both our dogs just had expensive procedures over the last two weeks (one spay, the other TPLO), so I'm realizing that we'll most likely have to stay in our province too. We looked up places on Vancouver Island, but unfortunately even that seems out of our budget, or it will be for now. I feel like by the time we come up with the money to book anything there, all the airbnbs will be gone. I'll do more research about nearby places, and I also like the idea of getting a private cabin. Thanks!
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We did a little mini-moon here in Winnipeg! We just took a few days off and stayed at a hotel, went to Thermea Nordik Spa, Cirque du Soleil, saw Louis CK, and went out to some nice suppers! Totally recommend seeing what your city has to offer first, but otherwise I would personally find out where the ... Red River Ex.... fair would be. I'm not sure what it's called in other provinces but I know that during the summer there is that amusement park/ fair/ whatever you want to call it that goes across Canada and it's here in Manitoba in June (https://www.redriverex.com/) so it might be in Alberta by July? Or if that's too common I would recommend trying and finding a all inclusive adult only place you could go! That's the one thing from our honey moon I wish we had - NO KIDS!

• Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I second this! Shameless plug from Halifax here: during the summer, there’s lots of festivals and music and theatre in the city, beaches on the Atlantic are close, and Agri - wine country is just an hour away in the valley. NB is only 4-5 hours by car so travelling the Maritime provinces is very doable.
  • Gloria
    Expert October 2022 Ontario
    Gloria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Have you considered Europe? Italy and Greece are beautiful that time of the year.
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Since I see you live out west I'll give a shout-out to the maritimes. In 10 days you could see parts of NB, NS, and PEI. There are spots to stay in beach side cottages, picturesque towns with quaint b&bs and cities with a more vibrant night life so you could have a bit of everything.

I live in Saint John,NB and July is one of our festival months. We have a moonlight bazaar (July 18) where they shut down a city block and have a giant beer garden with a huge inflatable moon and they line streets with grass so you can sit and drink or dance under the moon (Google it, it looks way cooler than I can describe!). Halifax,NS has street performers called buskers all summer long and they visit Saint John in July.

The maritimes have a really rich history. Lots of old buildings and cool architecture and hospitality like you've never seen before. My city gets hundreds of cruise ships (mostly in the fall but summer too) and so many people come back year after year because people are so friendly. I could keep going, but I won't bore you! I would highly suggest looking into the maritimes though!
  • Samantha
    Super June 2021 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    FH and I are getting married in July and we typically don't like traveling in the summertime due to the crowds. Plus we're paying for most of the wedding, so we decided on staying in Ontario, or at least Canada, was best for us. So we rented a beautiful and secluded cabin on a lake in Calabougie. We love the camping life so this was a perfect choice for us. We're also having a personal chef coming to cook for us for a couple nights as our something extra since it is still our honeymoon lol.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics