Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Vanessa
Frequent user September 2019 Ontario

Honeymoon Destinations

Vanessa, on July 30, 2019 at 10:23 Posted in Honeymoon 0 9

Hello!!

My FH and I are planning to do a mini moon right after our wedding in September and save a bigger trip for the following year. We want to do an all-inclusive resort just to be able to get away and relax together after the craziness of the wedding but are nervous about the weather since it is technically hurricane season.

I would love recommendations on where we could go in September - where have you been at that time of year and why was it great??

We're looking for somewhere that has good pool options (we're not huge beach people) and some great a-la-carte restaurants.

Suggest away Smiley smile!

9 Comments

Latest activity by Michelle, on July 31, 2019 at 08:42
  • Michelle
    Frequent user August 2019 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    For this same reason we decided to go to the Pacific side of Mexico, as they don't get hurricanes. We're going to Secrets in Puerto Vallarta in 2 weeks. We pretty much ruled out the entire Caribbean due to hurricane season - islands further south and off the coast of South America tend to not be hit by the bad weather, but they're also harder to get to and therefore more expensive. Good luck!
  • Julie
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh sorry didn’t read it properly ! Good luck
  • Vanessa
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    As mentioned, we’d like to do an all inclusive resort.
  • Julie
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi 👋 Depending how far you would like to go, you can always stay in Canada and visit Alberta or even Prince Edward Island. It is beautiful and they have lots to do for honeymoons !! Good luck !
  • Colleen
    Curious September 2019 Manitoba
    Colleen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I am a little worried about weather because it is a bit later in September but the cabin we rented for the minimoon has a screened in hot tub so no matter what we have something to be excited about hehe!

For the trip to the Grand Paladium I had gone in November and I prefer the winter months for any warm weather places as a way to escape winter. Otherwise though I'm not too sure about how a sun destination would be in September, it might actually be nice in the sense that it could be a slower time so less people less lines. It would probably depend on the lcoation too because like you mentioned, it's hurricane season or whatever for some places.

• Vanessa
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks so much!!

Are you worried about the weather for your mini moon? Have you traveled at that time of year to a sun destination before?

• Colleen
    Curious September 2019 Manitoba
    Colleen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We have the same wedding date !!! Smiley smile

My FH and I are also doing just a mini-moon with a bigger trip sometime in the future.

I went to the Grand Palladium in the Mayan Riviera a couple years ago and I absolutely loved it there. The beaches are so clean with gorgeous white sand and the ocean has that beautiful teal color. They even had a pool that let seawater in through these barred openings so that you could do some snorkeling and watch the fishies without being jostled by big waves or anything. The food was amazing and there was options for buffet or restaurants so you'll never get bored. We went to Coco Bongo's one night and if you do go to the Playa Del Carman area I would 100% recommend. The show is wild and the crowds are so energized! You can pick a spot on the floor where more crazy dancing happens or a spot on the upper floors where you have a nice seated spot and a waiter bringing you drink after drink like royalty!

For our honeymoon we are going to an all-inclusive in Cozumel as they have amazing diving/snorkelling experiences. There is also a strong culture of protecting the ocean and the island there which is a big deal to me because some resorts are really big polluters.

Happy honeymoon planning!

• Vanessa
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks! Great suggestions!

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We haven't been away in September so are not sure of the weather during that time, but you could luck out and have a good week regardless!

Cuba is BEAUTIFUL, but the food is not the greatest, so if you are looking for some really good food I would stay away from that.

We have been to Riu Reggae in Jamaica and their food was amazing. The beach is man made so it isn't the biggest, but the pools and the grounds are beautiful. This one is adults only. There is a Rui property that is bigger but it is open to anyone.

Punta Cana is beautiful. I have been to Grand Palladium, and from what I can remember it was very nice.

We are going to Mexico for our honeymoon in November, and my Dad said the food is amazing there! I have also heard good things about Los Cabos as well.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics