Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Natalie
Beginner November 2018 Ontario

Honeymoon Debate

Natalie, on June 18, 2018 at 21:20 Posted in Honeymoon 0 17

My Fiancé and I are still debating on our honeymoon destination. We are currently split between Greece, southern France, or my real dream - New Zealand. Our wedding is in November but have decided to wait and go on our Honeymoon in February. I think we both agreed that we'd enjoy more culture (or wine tours) than a beach vacation. We also decided on taking 2 weeks off for our honeymoon. That should give us plenty of time in any of those locations.

Anyone have any suggestions to help us out?

17 Comments

Latest activity by Kay, on June 26, 2018 at 10:33
  • Kay
    Devoted September 2018 Nova Scotia
    Kay ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Oh, New Zealand.... Smiley love if I could afford to go there, my partner and I would be there in a second flat. hah! We'd go to any of the locations you listed, but I think NZ would be our top choice!

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Southern France is awesome! I stayed in Nice for a week and was able to also go to a lot of other places like Monaco and some little villages.

• Natalie
    Natalie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Exactly. We're thinking of trying for New Zealand sometime in the future when we can book more time - closer to 3 weeks or more to really get the most out of it.

I'm starting to lean towards southern France more and more.

• Natalie
    Natalie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Lol. New Zealand's the dream - but like others said 2 weeks may not be long enough. It maybe be on our bucket list for a future vacation down the line.

• Natalie
    Natalie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'm not sure. I think we decided not to do any cruises right now. Though there are cruises around the Greek islands that may be interesting.

• Natalie
    Natalie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yeah, it will be cooler, average around 10 degrees C. But we aren't really beach people so it'll keep us moving. lol.

• B
    Devoted September 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    A two week cruise with any or all of those destinations?
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Its best to look at the pricing and season based on the country. Compare and narrow down your choices of places to visit in the countries. If it helps to know what may be best way work around the whole debate.
  • Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would personally choose New Zealand but I'm biased because my fiancé and I are choosing between New Zealand and Ireland for our honeymoon Smiley tongue
    All of those places would be incredible though!
  • Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I vote for Greece. Two weeks, while it seems like a bit, isn't always enough for somewhere so far.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would definitely look at the dollar difference to see where our dollar is better. Example: our dollar to the USA is like $0.70 but our dollar to Czech Republic is 17 Czech Crowns! It was insane pricing!

• Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

All our fantastic choices! New Zealand can be expensive to fly to and travel within, so take that into consideration.

Greece is a popular choice for honeymooning right now and is very affordable. You can split the time between the beach and touring as well.

Southern France is gorgeous! Cheaper to fly to than New Zealand, but can add up if you want to stay in more expensive places. Definitely a good choice for wine tours though.

Think about what you'd want to spend on your honeymoon and take a look at what you can do for that price.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I haven't been to Greece or New Zealand but I have been to Southern France and Indonesia (close to New Zealand).

Southern France is gorgeous and super friendly and full of history and wine and cheese and stuff. Much more laid back than a lot of France. If you do not speak any French, you may have trouble communicating in some of the smaller villages.

Traveling to New Zealand/Australia/South East Asia from Canada or the US is a big trip in and of itself. To get to Bali it took us 3 flights and like 28 hours or something. We went to Bali for 2 weeks which was great but also didn't feel long enough. I would love to go to that side of the world again but if we do I would go for 4-5 weeks. I just don't think 2 weeks is enough time.

• Gina
    Super April 2019 Alberta
    Gina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are going to New Zealand for our honeymoon. We are going to do a cruise for 12 days, then spend some time in Auckland. We will likely go in January or February so it’s summer there. I think all of your honeymoon locations sound amazing!
  • Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    New zealand is incredible. I went for 3 weeks after i graduation high school with my mom and it was just the right amount of time to explore the north island. I feel like 2 weeks would be a struggle to fit the whole country in and theres just so much to see and do you really dont want to rush it. Lots of outdoors activities! Lots of hiking and nature trails and waterfalls and caving...

That being said 2 weeks in new zealand is better than no weeks in new zealand! I would love to go back one day.

I have never been to Europe before so i cant compare... But its where we will be heading for our honeymoon!
  • Tyanna
    Super June 2019 British Columbia
    Tyanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If you only have 2 weeks, I think France and Greece will be your best bet.They're smaller and easier to travel through. Nee Zealand is one of those places where you need more time Smiley smile
  • M
    Devoted August 2018 Ontario
    Megis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    See what kind of weather these places have in February

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics