Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

J
Newbie July 2018 Quebec

Honeymoon and newborns?

Jessica, on September 22, 2017 at 12:45 Posted in Honeymoon 0 4

At the time of my wedding my SO and I will have an infant of approximately 4-5 months. We would have like to go south and are looking at August 2018. With all the hurricanes and devastation it seems unlikely that anywhere in the Caribbean will be a possibility. Any suggestions on where we can go with an infant?

4 Comments

Latest activity by Joey, on November 10, 2017 at 14:52
  • Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Jessica, did you make your decision on where you'd like to go for your honeymoon?

• Daphne
    Super July 2017 British Columbia
    Daphne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Definitely agree that you should leave the little one in the care of their grandparents. You want the honeymoon to be alone time with your husband and a baby of that age without many of their first set of vaccinations is not a risk I would want to take.
  • Sonja
    VIP September 2017 Ontario
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I agree with Alanah. I've travelled with kids and it's no fun. If you really want to take the little one, perhaps rent a nice cottage in the summer. Spend a week or two and just relax.

• Alanah
    Frequent user July 2018 British Columbia
    Alanah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would suggest trying to get either your parents or future inlaws to watch your baby while on your honeymoon. There are many things you wouldn't be able to do with a baby. I have kids so I know how hard it is to leave them and how much you want to include them but your honeymoon should be time for you and your new husband especially since alone time becomes scarce when you have a baby. There are also higher health/safety factors to consider when traveling with an infant (hep A & B, typhoid, malaria ect). Just some things to think about !

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics