Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Olivia
Frequent user October 2021 Ontario

Honeymoon

Olivia, on May 25, 2021 at 11:05 Posted in Honeymoon 0 21

Where is everyone honeymooning and why?! I love the idea of Hawaii and Greece but we also love a good all inclusive resort. We can each take off one week of work so that’s why I’m on the fence with Hawaii and Greece due to the travel time it’ll take to get to those places.
Thoughts?!

21 Comments

Latest activity by Celine, on May 30, 2021 at 20:09
  • Celine
    Frequent user October 2022 Quebec
    Celine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our wedding is booked for July 1st 2022, I am hoping we will be able to travel by then. We don’t know if we want a sightseeing vacation like Europe or a beach bum all inclusive vacation. Either way it will probably be a 2/3 day mini moon nearby and the honeymoon in September. My FH lost his job during COVID so he can’t really get vacation in his new job in the summer.
  • Celine
    Frequent user October 2022 Quebec
    Celine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    This is beautiful 🤩
  • Tiana
    Curious June 2022 British Columbia
    Tiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We're looking at Italy! 3 weeks, starting in Cinque Terre and then 2 weeks in Tuscany, driving around and exploring (with lots of wine and picnics). I went to Italy a few years ago and loved it, and we're both super into the food. Italy has a great mix of beach areas and more cultural areas, so we'll hopefully get a good mix of both.

One week might not be enough time to enjoy Greece, considering the travel time and jet lag (depending on where you're coming from!). But if you stick to one or two islands (symi is gorgeous and less busy than santorini) it could work!
  • Leah
    Curious April 2022 Ontario
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have been to Greece but not Hawaii and it is such a beautiful country! For our honeymoon we are getting married mid April so will likely go on a mini moon in the Muskoka’s and book a trip to Europe in the summer. Thinking of cycling through the Algarve‘s. A friend of mine has been to Hawaii many times and it’s her favourite destination to travel to. I don’t think you can go wrong with either place!
  • Kate
    Curious August 2022 Ontario
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Wow agreed!!! Gonna give this a look 😍😍
  • Kate
    Curious August 2022 Ontario
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Those were my top 2 picks as well! But I think we will do Hawaii Smiley smile my fiancé has been there before but I have not. My parents also we to Hawaii for their honeymoon so it’s sentimental for me and also seems like a romantic spot! ❤️
  • K
    Frequent user August 2024 Quebec
    Karine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My SO is from France and a lot of his family and friends won't be able to come to Canada for the wedding. So we'll probably start our honeymoon in France to celebrate with them all and then go from there. Maybe Spain afterwards, who knows!
  • Sara
    Frequent user August 2021 Ontario
    Sara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We may actually do two honeymoon-type trips. We want to go on an all inclusive to Mexico or Jamaica as soon as we can travel (just to satisfy our travel cravings as quickly as possible!!!). And then when we save up some more money, we want to do a 2-3 week trip in Japan.

• Kara
    Frequent user June 2022 Ontario
    Kara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are honeymooning in St. Lucia at Windjammer Landing. St. Lucia is my absolute favourite place on earth, and my FH has only been on an all-inclusive once (to Jamaica). He knows how much I love it and want to share it with him so badly!
    Windjammer has a little bit of that Grecian villa feel/inspiration... take a look at it 😁 it’s always been out of my price range as a budget-all-inclusive-bum, so we thought we would splurge and treat ourself to the 1 bedroom Villa with private pool.
    We just received our credit back from air Canada (due to pandemic postponement last year) so we will hopefully book again next year once we have an idea of the travelling situation...and if our 4th wedding date finally happens lol....
  • Kelsey
    Kelsey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Isn't it gorgeous! I stumbled upon it on instagram a couple weeks ago. It seems like the perfect mix of a tropical all inclusive but in Europe/Greece!

We haven't decided where we will honeymoon yet. I was thinking an all inclusive south (maybe Mexico?) but wasn't sure if it would be unbearably hot to go right after we get married (June next year) or whether we should postpone till the cooler months, or decide on somewhere else alltogether

• Laura
    Frequent user August 2022 Ontario
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We haven't planned our honeymoon at all yet because we're still working on postponing the wedding, but when we are able to travel we have a few places in mind! I really want to be somewhere warm/hot and surrounded by or new to crystal clear waters. My sister and BIL went to Africa and did an amazing safari trek. I thought of that, but I have a really busy work life and even though I love adventuring I think I want somewhere a little bit more relaxed so I can be forced to slow down! An overwater bungalow would be the dream!

I'm thinking of somewhere like the Maldives, Bora Bora, or Bali. I had never given Greece much thought until Kelsey posted about Stella Island and now I'm almost sold on that too!!! Other places I've thought of are Thailand and Mauritius.

• Gioia
    Frequent user July 2021 Quebec
    Gioia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My FH and I wanted to go to Cuba for our honeymoon for this July, instead we are taking a mini-moon and are going up north to Mont-Tremblant (we live in Montreal) for 5 days and we were thinking possibly after our vow renewal and reception next year if all goes well we will leave for a week and go to cuba for a real honeymoon
  • Olivia
    Frequent user October 2021 Ontario
    Olivia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    WOW!!! Thank you so much for telling me about this, definitely something we’ll have to think about. Looks soooo beautiful
  • Kelsey
    Kelsey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Look up Stella Island resort in Greece! https://stellaisland.gr/
    It's basically a carribean all inclusive resort (even with bungalow style over the pool rooms) but in Greece. Looks gorgeous
  • Tunisha
    Super October 2021 Ontario
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are planning a honeymoon in our new home (currently building and should be ready at the end of September.) Hahahaha. Because we’re buying a house and having a small little wedding. I might just do a little picnic 🧺 set up in the living room of the house.

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My fiance and I are planning on going to Disneyland and all the other amusement parks like Universal Studios, Six Flags Magic Mountain, Knotts Berry Farm, Sea World San Diego and San Diego Zoo for our honeymoon when they open the park to Canadians again!
  • Christiana
    Super November 2020 British Columbia
    Christiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My dream honeymoon would be to take at least a month to travel through Vietnam. But I don't think this is going to be a possibility for a while so we'll probably do a trip somewhere in Canada or the US instead early next year.

With only a week Greece would be tough since you also need to consider ferry time to any of the islands you want to visit and you'll be jet-lagged when you land. Hawaii would be more doable since you can just stay on Maui or Oahu the whole time.

Edit: Portugal might be a good option? It's closer than your other options and you can have a good mix of beach and city activities.

• C
    Super December 2020 Ontario
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We were supposed to be going on a Mediterranean cruise through the Adriatic Sea this summer (booked last January). We have never done a cruise but decided if we ever were going to, this was the time. Seemed like the best way to still see a lot of places, 9 ports (we are go-go-go travellers) and also sort of be taken care of at the same time, with some time to relax and enjoy the beaches along the way as well. We'll see where life takes us but we have postponed to next summer and actually decided to book a better cruise line even haha.
  • Agnes
    Newbie July 2021 Ontario
    Agnes ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My fiancé and I are set on heading to the Maldives and get a hut on the water there. It's a pricey trip that we'll need at least 12-14 days off for but once in a life time opportunity and now due to the pandemic, packages have significantly dropped so better take advantage. If you are headed to Greece, I highly recommend Santorini. It's my favourite place on earth that i've been so far. It's so surreal when you are there, and the most romantic spot for a honeymoon. Best of luck!

• Erin
    Curious May 2022 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are planning to go to Europe for one month next year in May, it’s easy for us to take time off but we don’t get paid for it unfortunately. When I went to Hawaii we went for 2 weeks and I think that was a good amount of time because there is so much to explore. I would look on travelzoo to see if there are any deals or specials and maybe that could help decide where you choose. An all inclusive is great for a weeks time and you get to just relax, drink and eat.
  • Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have this idea of doing a surprise honeymoon. I haven't talked to my aunt (travel agent) about the logistics yet. But basically I'm gunna give her our requirements/budget and let her plan it and hopefully it can be kept a secret until the wedding!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics