Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Amanda
Featured August 2022 British Columbia

Honeymoon

Amanda, on October 21, 2020 at 13:27 Posted in Honeymoon 0 14

Hello WeddingWire Family! What is your plan for your honeymoon? What made you decide on your destination? Are you going right after your wedding or are you waiting a few months? Or are you not having one at all?

With this pandemic, a lot of us have had to change where we wanted to travel maybe once or even twice. Everything is uncertain at this time. We don't know when we'll be able to travel abroad again without having to quarantine for 14 days or even when we'll be able to cross the border to the states.

My fiance and I planned from the get-go we were going to have our honeymoon a year after our wedding as our 1 year anniversary. We were planning on going to Anaheim California for 2 weeks and go to all of the amusement parks. Disneyland, Six Flags Magic Mountain, Knotts Berry Farm, Universal Studios, Los Angeles Zoo, Sea World San Diego & San Diego Zoo and a few other places as well. But with not be able to head to the states and most of the attractions are still closed especially Disneyland, we're worried we might have to put our honeymoon on hold until things go in the right direction. If we do postpone, I know Disneyland and all of the other attractions will be there waiting for us when we do eventually get to the happiest place on earth!

Can't wait to hear of the destinations you've all decided on! Smiley heart

14 Comments

Latest activity by Amanda, on October 26, 2020 at 14:07
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh Aruba sounds amazing!! Hopefully you guys can go by next year!

• Amanda
    Expert July 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are hoping things cool down by June of next year, we are still planning to go to Aruba! We planned 2 weeks there and we choose this as this was on of the places to go on both hof our bucket lists.

• Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That sounds lovely! Hopefully you guys can get there soon!

• Gloria
    Expert October 2022 Ontario
    Gloria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We were thinking of doing Sandals... either st Lucia it Jamaica
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Congrats on the engagement! I'm also hoping by 2022 we'll be back to "normal". I miss traveling so much!

• Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That trip sounds amazing! Hopefully you guys can go one day! Also, BC is amazing! Smiley winking

• Celine
    Frequent user October 2022 Quebec
    Celine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We got engaged this summer and planned our wedding for 2022 hoping that everything will be “normal” by then. We are undecided if we want a European honeymoon with a lot of sightseeing or just a lounge on the beach kind of honeymoon. I think it will depend on how the world reopens for travel
  • Olivia
    Frequent user October 2021 Ontario
    Olivia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’ve always wanted to go to Greece, I found a great package through air Canada vacations where we can island hop for 9 days, and visit Mykonos, Santorini and Athens! I am soooo hoping we can still go after our wedding, sometime in November 2021. We still haven’t made a decision if we can’t go whether we will postpone our honeymoon or just go somewhere in Canada, like BC.
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Likely somewhere in Asia but obviously won't book until pandemic is well behind us.

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Eventually things will work out. I dont know how long it will take for me to feel comfortable leaving the country or going into an airport...
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Well hopefully you guys can have a family trip sometime here soon! In definitely sucks not knowing what the future holds within the next year

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We were thinking of doing more of a family trip with kids. Something with lots of kids clubs so we could have time during the day. My sister and her husband were going to come as well with their kids. Now who knows what will happen.
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Scotland would be amazing!! Hopefully you can get back there soon enough!

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are postponing ours until it is safe to travel. I really want to go back to Scotland, so that is what I hope to do but we will see what we want when we can travel again.

Even if life had been normal we would have waited a few months after our wedding to get to travel during better weather. Hiking in the Scottish highlands during the late fall wouldn't be nearly as fun as in late spring or early autumn.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics