Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Teresa
Frequent user November 2018 Ontario

Honeymoon!

Teresa, on January 22, 2018 at 00:34 Posted in Honeymoon 0 10

Hey everyone!

Future hubby and I are trying to find a beautiful, tropical but, affordable honeymoon location. If you've been on your honeymoon or going are on one, please help us pick all inclusive resort/location.

Much thanks!

Muahhh Smiley heart

10 Comments

Latest activity by Brittany, on March 28, 2018 at 18:37
  • Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have cruised a lot (over a dozen), and I absolutely love it. And it's essentially an all inclusive, but you get to visit at least 3 islands without ever having to re-pack your suitcase.

If you are okay with getting an interior stateroom (great for if you're going to be up at night and want to sleep in without sun shining in your eyes), it can be REALLY inexpensive... like $800 per person, for a week. Yes there's flights too, but you can look for fare savers, or maybe even see if any family has air miles or something as their gift to you?

They have non-stop entertainment and activities the entire time, beautiful beaches, pools, bars, and 5 star dining. I would definitely look into it. Royal Caribbean is my favourite cruise line.

• Dani
    Curious August 2018 British Columbia
    Dani ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Anybody with insights on Puerto Vallarta?

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’ve been to Breathless in Mexico for vacation and adored it! It was a true five-star resort with modern finishes and incredible staff. Price-wise, it’s a little expensive but absolutely worth it!
  • Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

So where have you chosen for your honeymoon, Teresa? Is anything booked yet?

• Jackie
    Devoted April 2019 Ontario
    Jackie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Have you tried looking to see at the wedding show? Sometimes you can win trips. Or they have really good deal for a wedding vacation. I’d check with Sandels Resorts
  • Michelle
    Super September 2018 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We recently booked the Sandals Ochi Jamaica all inclusive. We were lucky and booked at a time when they had 65% off. I think they have this special on and off I would check their from what I notice when they do have these specials they last about 2 days.

We saved about $19,000 USD, we paid $10,100 USD = $12,000ish CAD. We are going in Nov 2018 for about 14 days total, they have 16 restuarants and 11 bars on site all their activities onsite except massages and pedicures/manicures

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We regularly go down south for vacations in the winter. There is a great resort in Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic called VH Gran Ventana that I would highly recommend. Not sure if they have honeymoon packages but I do know that they have a sister property not far down that beach that is more of a boutique hotel so maybe splurge and go there.

• Ap2017
    Super September 2017 Ontario
    Ap2017 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We went to Costa Rica and absolutely loved it - highly recommend!

• Natalia
    Curious August 2018 Ontario
    Natalia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    2 years ago my fiance and I went to Dreams Punta Cana but just for regular vacation. I know we all want to be economical but I would recommend splurging on the honeymoon. It's once in your life after all! ( that's why we are doing such a small wedding)
  • Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My friends recently went to Greece for her honeymoon. It’s pretty affordable once you’re there and airfare isn’t too bad either. I think she paid around $5000 Canadian for everything included for both of them. You get the beaches and somewhat tropical with the exoticness of Europe

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics