Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Curious October 2020 Nova Scotia

Honeyfund

Linda, on February 24, 2019 at 11:21 Posted in Honeymoon 1 11

Has anyone ever used the Honeymoon registry called Honeyfund? Is it legit? Is there anything hidden that I should know about?

11 Comments

Latest activity by Jordyn, on February 26, 2019 at 12:00
  • Jordyn
    Newbie April 2020 Ontario
    Jordyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Exactly! It helps guests know what they’re contributing to and they tend to respond better to it knowing where that money is going. It’s fun for them to pay towards certain things and knowing that they made that happen for you. I love it!
  • Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Exactly! We are using Honeyfund but we are also letting our guests know that if they do not wish to do it online, they are welcome to give us cash, but the Honeyfund is there to let them know exactly what our honeymoon will entail - For us, we’re going to Disney World so we’ve included what the price for accommodations will look like, our flights, park tickets, photo pass, etc.
  • Jordyn
    Newbie April 2020 Ontario
    Jordyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    There is no fee for guests but there is a 2.8% processing fee. They only offer the cash option for Canadian users through WePay or PayPal. They do not have the gift card option for Canadian users.
  • Amanda
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Love that idea. I've never heard of this.

• L
    Linda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    So it sounds like I had better stick with the usual method. 😊
  • Veronica
    Super October 2021 Alberta
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It is legit, but like all of the honeymoon or cash registries, they do charge a fee. So either the fee will be charged to your guests (so like a credit card transaction fee kind of thing) so it will be onto of what the guests want to give you. The ones I've researched so far, seem to be around 7%-10%. Which seems just like a lot of money to take for no reason. Don't get me wrong though, I love the concept of this and think its such a nice way to present your honeymoon to your guests!

Also just a note, I only did light research on these registries so maybe I missed a point with the fees but it seemed pretty transparent that they do require money for what they do!

• L
    Linda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    No not really. I was really just trying to think of a polite way to ask for money as opposed to gifts and it popped up. Smiley smile

• L
    Curious August 2021 Alberta
    Lindsay ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’ve heard they charge your guests to give to money, seems like an unneeded thing to use. If you don’t put registry information on your invite people will usually gift cash. It is just a way for a middle man to make money off your wedding in a way. Is there a reason you want to use it over cash gifts?
  • L
    Linda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh that's good to know. Thanks
  • Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Haven’t used it but I know it was on shark tank and one of the sharks put money into it so I feel like it’s legit.
  • Rachael
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Rachael ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I haven't heard of it, but it looks credible. It's been around for a while too.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics