Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joanne
Beginner July 2019 Nova Scotia

Honeyfund

Joanne, on January 29, 2019 at 23:16 Posted in Honeymoon 0 12
Had anyone tried the honeyfund? It’s where guest pay for a portion of your honeymoon instead of giving cash as a gift. They can choose to pay for a portion of the plane ticket, hotel, food, excursion, etc.

12 Comments

Latest activity by Kallee, on June 8, 2024 at 22:21
  • K
    Newbie May 2024 British Columbia
    Kallee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We just wrapped our wedding and got feedback from guests that they loved the Honeyfund registry! We put a lot of thought into the items we included, so it was full of fun experiences rather than the basic honeymoon costs like airfare. People picked items that spoke to them and it felt really meaningful Smiley smile

• Kai
    Newbie February 2020 Southern Finland
    Kai ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Nothing wrong with that!

• Alycia
    Expert March 2020 Ontario
    Alycia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I will be telling my guests that we don’t want gifts, we’re building a house so we will write that we want money for the house or towards our honeymoon. We haven’t decided. Or I suppose we could always do both.

• Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Sorry for being naive, but what makes the honeyfund better than paypal, etransfer or cash?

We're not having a registry, but I've heard that Zola is a regulary registry AND a honeymoon registry, so maybe check them out?

• Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We looked at using honeyfund, but when I looked into it and saw they take a cut of everything we scrapped the idea.
    Instead we just put a poem in our invitations telling people we were not registered and did not want gifts, but if they wanted to give anyway then we would appreciate money towards our honeymoon. It seemed to go over really well Smiley smile
  • Julie
    Expert March 2019 Ontario
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We were going to register for our Honeymoon. i read the idea on here & in many bridal magazines and spoke with FH and thought fabulous idea and so easy! We have lived together for 8 Years. One of my Girls told me that a couple people she'd mentioned it to had a very strong bad reactions. One even said it was the worst thing we could do. They said it looked like we were asking for a free vacation or a hand out. I felt sick! We never once thought of it that way! We took that idea right off the table! I happen to know my Shower invites have gone out & our Parents and MOH are receiving calls asking where we are registered. They say that we are not registered but a great idea for a gift would be Visa, bed bath and beyond, home depot, any restaurant or any gift card at all. According to my source, People are happy with that idea & some have asked if cash is ok.
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have looked into this, but I honestly feel bad for asking for money from family. We are just leaving it open to guests. They can put cash in a card, give us a gift. Whatever they would like. Then we will determine how to use the funds

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I haven't tried it but here are a few previous discussions that have mentioned it:

Honeyfund - says that they take a cut of the money given to you

Travel fund for Honeymoon - mentions MyRegistry.com

Registry for money online - mentions a few more options

Overall, I think I want to use one of these sites but not if they take some of the money. If they do then I will just hope for the best from the wedding shower and for at least my family - they tend to give cash anyways at the wedding.

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I personally don’t like this and would still just give cash even if a couple had a honeyfund.
  • Meghan
    Devoted April 2019 Ontario
    Meghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I was going to do this for my bridal shower but we hadn't picked a destination yet by the time my bridesmaids sent out the invitations so they (in a classy way) said I would prefer money to put towards the honeymoon

But had we figured out the destination/ booked the trip in time I definitely would have used it, I've heard its super easy to use!

• Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re using honeyfund as our registry! it was super easy to set up!
  • Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have went to a wedding and they had this. I personally loved it as a guest because they had a honeymoon website where you could just put an amount or you could just do card with cash. I already did the bridal shower and small gift.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics