Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Liana
Curious June 2021 Ontario

Home Decor or Book - Guestbook Ideas

Liana, on September 24, 2019 at 16:56 Posted in Wedding reception 0 22

I've seen various styles of guest books used as a wall hanging from wooden decor to canvas. I like the idea of repurposing guestbooks to home decor for newlywed but I am not sure how long I would realistically have this displayed. I would like to print one of our engagement photos.

Example - Canvas Guest BookHome Decor or Book - Guestbook Ideas 1

Recently, I came across an interactive guestbook from Indigo - instead of writing a message with your name, they ask questions "where should the couple travel" to "movie recommendations". Having a book is practical for storage and I think we would like reading these answers. https://www.chapters.indigo.ca/en-ca/paper/interactive-wedding-guestbook/868700000153-item.html

Feel free to share the guestbook route you are choosing. Help me decide between canvas and interactive book!

22 Comments

Latest activity by Emily, on October 15, 2019 at 01:05
  • Emily
    Curious October 2020 British Columbia
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's pretty!

• Emily
    Curious October 2020 British Columbia
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

They have great sales!!!

• Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Im doing a canvass too. im ordering one off vistaprint when they have their sale!

• Kat D
    Frequent user April 2021 Manitoba
    Kat D ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re planning a Kingdom Hearts wedding so our guestbook is going to be Jimini’s Journal from the game ☺️ then we’re going to Disney World for our honeymoon & hope to fill in the rest with character signatures.
  • Danielle
    Frequent user July 2022 Manitoba
    Danielle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We're going to do a quilt. I think that's going to be my guest book of choice. We'll do one for our wedding and one for each of our kids (even though it's not really popular to do showers for multiple kids I might just have a "meet the baby" party after they're born).
  • R
    Devoted November 2019 Quebec
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We decided on the puzzle. Our name and date will be in the middle then everyone will sign a piece. My FH and I love puzzle we plan to put put the puzzle together and glue it and hang it in our home. We didnt want a book collecting dust. Plus no one actually know what to write in guestbooks lol
  • Aleesha
    Newbie August 2020 British Columbia
    Aleesha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are having everyone sign wood hearts. I just finished painting all of them. Then we will either pilot them into a drop frame or find a nice wedding photo we both like and I’ll glue them around the photo to hang
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Book was our choice.
  • K
    Beginner August 2020 New Brunswick
    Karly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re doing a “time capsule” - providing little cards for people to write their wishes/advice/stories on and sign then we will read them on our first anniversary Smiley smile
  • A
    Devoted October 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    This will be ours. A friend is making a vinyl heart with our initials in it. After the wedding we will seal it and than hang it

Home Decor or Book - Guestbook Ideas 2
  • Miav
    Devoted September 2020 Alberta
    Miav ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are thinking to do something like this:

Wood GuestbookHome Decor or Book - Guestbook Ideas 3

I found it in Etsy, thinking to apply a sealant in it after the wedding and use it as a display in our future home Smiley heart

• C
    Curious April 2020 Alberta
    Cassie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That’s perfect! We all signed a little message or piece of advice with our names. It was really nice. While the wedding party was taking more pictures we had cocktail hour and signed the book then.
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Similar to what we're doing Smiley smile except the photos don't really go in any order, they're just mix matched!

• C
    Cassie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    A friend of mine did this last year for their wedding it was beautiful ! Had photos from when they first started dating all the way to their engagement photos!
  • C
    Cassie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I personally love the canvas idea! We’re going to do a group shot with everyone at our wedding on the beach & then once we’re home have everyone sign it since we’re only having close family and friends - about 30 people. Then we’re going to hang it in our family room and it will eventually end up on our family photo wall downstairs.

Whatever you you choose you will for sure cherish!
  • Alix
    Expert June 2021 Saskatchewan
    Alix ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're doing a frame and everyone signs little hearts that get put in the frame.

• Kathy
    Frequent user August 2019 Ontario
    Kathy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We did the night sky https://thenightsky.com/?sc=us

it was beautiful. We had guests sign around the actual map but we only had 40 people so it worked out well. If you have a lot of guests I’m not sure if it could work. It’s hanging on our wall now and I don’t regret my decision at all!
    Good luck!
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We will be giving blankets out as favours - so for our guest book we are asking that our guests sign pieces of fabric that we can sew into a comforter Smiley smile
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    There are so many amazing options if you don’t want the traditional “book”
    my MIL did one of our engagement photo and got a frame with a white canvas piece around it and everyone at the shower signed the outside of the frame.
    We are doing a 4ft piece of wood with our name and date burned into it. FH tells me he can put hooks on the back and we can hang it in our living room!
    For some reason I only have a picture of it half finished, but this is what we did.

Home Decor or Book - Guestbook Ideas 4
  • Veronica
    Super October 2021 Alberta
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Love the canvas idea! That is what we are doing :

Home Decor or Book - Guestbook Ideas 5

(This is just as an example)

Our last name will be Greenly-Bird so we are going to do two teal birds and have our guests sign the leaves Smiley smile Love the idea of having an engagement photo as its a great way to use those.

The interactive idea is cool as well, I guess I just like the traditional idea of signing your name and maybe a quick little message.

• Caitlyn
    Super January 2020 Ontario
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I like the idea of canvas because you can hang it up and see it all the time.

We’re doing a guestbook puzzle. It’s a white heart shaped puzzle that we bought at Party City. Each guest will sign a piece and then we’ll probably glue it and hang it up.
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m going with Costco for my guestbook. I’m creating a photo book of a bunch of our photos together and guests will sign around the photos, almost like a high school year book.

itll be cute to read the messages years down the road!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics