Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kate
Featured August 2022 Ontario

Holiday Family Gatherings

Kate, on December 13, 2023 at 08:19 Posted in WeddingWire 0 4

Hello community, Happy Holidays! Smiley heart

Now that you and your partner are married or even if engaged still, how are you spending your time over the holidays? Do you choose one date for one side of the family and another for the other side? Do you and your partner celebrate with each side separately? I know it can get tricky coordinating two families especially if both sides have large families.

For us, because my husband is Jewish, we visit his mom around the start of Hanukkah and then whichever day my mother and father pick around Christmas, we will go visit with them so luckily it's pretty simple for us.

Holiday Family Gatherings 1

4 Comments

Latest activity by Nelly, on April 13, 2024 at 09:11
  • N
    Featured July 2025 Ontario
    Nelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We will be hosting Christmas at our place. My parents will host Easter and my in-laws host Thanksgiving.
  • L
    Curious June 2024 Ontario
    Leandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We typically split Christmas Day between both parents. It’s important to both of us to spend Christmas with both our families so we make it work! Luckily our parents live about 1.5 hours away from each other so we’re able to make the trip. We know once we have kids this will probably become unlikely so we’re doing what we can now until then!!
  • Kate
    Featured August 2022 Ontario
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's great that you guys were able to work it all out! That's exciting, hosting Christmas in your own space!

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda Online ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Since my husband and I bought a house this year, we are hosting Christmas day dinner at our house! So my side of the family and my husband's mom side of the family!

Christmas eve we will be spending it with my husband's mom side of the family and boxing day we will be spending it with my husband's dad side of the family.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics