Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Newbie August 2020 Ontario

Hi, We're getting married outside on Sat, Aug 8/2020!

Mandy, on August 2, 2020 at 17:21 Posted in Ontario 0 4

Our ceremony will be outside in a space that normally holds 200 and then a just cocktail reception on a patio that also has the same normal capacity. We will have approx 50 guests. If you are in a similar boat, please tell me about your plans around masks, spacing, and wording for informing your guests. We are in Bruce County where we haven't had a new case for 65 days. Thanks!

4 Comments

Latest activity by Mandy, on August 2, 2020 at 21:35
  • M
    Mandy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks, Hank!
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

In that case, I think you can just say "Please note that per government regulations, the mandatory wearing of masks in and around the venue is in effect."

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding!

• M
    Mandy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks for the note! Masks are mandated indoors where we are. Most folks here were wearing them already. Masks are recommended if physical distancing is unpredictable or not possible outside. We have a very large outdoor space and will encourage mask wearing outdoors for parts of the evening where folks might get closer together. Folks already know that indoors is where the washrooms are and your must wear a mask to enter the building!
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Mandy, are masks mandated when you're outside? I know they're not in the GTA when you're sitting down to eat but check with your venue if it's required for other areas like going to the washroom etc. And if masks are mandated in any part of your event, stress that it is mandatory as per government and venue's rules. Here's hoping you don't have to deal with anyone resisting to wear a mask for illegitimate reasons.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics