Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Sunshine Shae
Curious August 2018 Ontario

Help* Trying to Plan Honeymoon?

Sunshine Shae, on January 2, 2018 at 20:30 Posted in Honeymoon 0 9

Hi Everyone, Happy New Year!

My FH and I are in the midst of planning our honeymoon. We are thinking of going the end of October to early Nov. 2018.

We are thinking about Sandals resort i.e. Barbados or St Lucia. Has anyone visited those areas? Any insight/suggestions would be much appreciated Smiley smile

Also for those who have visited/knows anyone that have gone around that time what was the weather like?

Thank you Smiley smile

Sashae

9 Comments

Latest activity by Sunshine Shae, on March 2, 2018 at 18:54
  • Sunshine Shae
    Sunshine Shae ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi Joey,

didn't book honeymoon now, waiting abit. I'm pretty set on Aruba. Will likely book in the spring.

Thanks for checking Smiley smile

• Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey there! Did you get your honeymoon booked? Where have you decided to go?

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you! I can't wait to go and be in the ocean. I've never seen it!

• Sunshine Shae
    Sunshine Shae ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks Jen! I think i'll meet with a travel agent... With so many beautiful islands & hearing only positive, its hard to decide!! In the past few days many friends have suggested Costa Rica. I hope you enjoy your honeymoon Smiley smile

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have never gone anywhere warm so this is my first tropical trip! We met with a trip planner (I can't think of the technical name right now as it's 4 am here lol) which helped us a lot because we had no idea where we wanted to go. She gave us great ideas of different resorts that were fantastic for a honeymoon getaway. We decided on Secrets Papagayo in Costa Rica.

• Sunshine Shae
    Sunshine Shae ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks Erin!

• Sunshine Shae
    Sunshine Shae ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you so much Andrea! Smiley smile

• Ap2017
    Super September 2017 Ontario
    Ap2017 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

October in the Caribbean is rainy season, so if you can wait until November, it may be worth it for you. That said, my husband and I went to Costa Rica the last week of September/first week of October and we had a great time. It rained every day between 3ish and 7ish, which was generally when we were in the hot tub and then getting ready to go out to dinner, so we didn't find it really made much of a difference. I can't comment on the location other than to say that my cousin and his wife went to St. Lucia and stayed at the Sandals there and had nothing but the best things to say...I think they went last January.

My best advice if you're trying to pick a location: narrow down to a few, then go onto trip adviser or Expedia and read reviews from real travelers. That's how we found our location and we had the best experience!

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I've been to Barbados before but in February or March so I cannot tell you what the weather will be like but I can tell you that Barbados is a great country to visit. Not a huge island but lots to do, amazing snorkeling or scuba and friendly people. Good luck!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics