Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Renee
Curious June 2020 Alberta

Help on diy party favours

Renee, on June 5, 2019 at 14:56 Posted in DIY 0 16
I am in need of some ideas for an affordable wedding favour, I was thinking of doing like tick tack mints with a personalized sticker on it I am so confused and lost I just want something that everyone will keep forever.. any ideas

16 Comments

Latest activity by Renee, on August 14, 2019 at 14:39
  • Renee
    Renee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ooh those look so nice and looks like it smells so good. I’ll keep that in mind so many ideas to choose from
  • Katherine
    Curious August 2019 Alberta
    Katherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m doing fire starters that I’m making - cute and useful, and really cheap! Bought wax and wicks off Amazon, and some cinnamon sticks, rosemary and cloves from the grocery store. Then collected a bunch of pine cones, and voila!

Help on diy party favours 1

Help on diy party favours 2
  • M
    Newbie October 2022 British Columbia
    Mindy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

When in doubt, choose something edible. You can't go wrong with those types of items. I've been to weddings where people gave out mints, small honey jars, jams, etc. Sticky popcorn is very easy and cheap to make. Most people end up throwing out other type of souvenirs anyways.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That's a good idea considering its small and everyone enjoys them. Small organza bags of your favourite candy or chocolate are a way to also share the love of favours with a tag on it personalized to the guests name and your names/date.

• Karine
    Curious October 2019 Quebec
    Karine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Depending what your budget is, you should check out Botanical paperworks! It is seeded paper and people can plant it and will grow into wildflowers, or herbes if you like!
  • Seleena
    Super September 2019 British Columbia
    Seleena ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Renee,

Affordable wedding favours are always the way to go! I think tic tac mints are a great idea - or anything that you can eat to be honest.

It's hard to pick one thing for all of your guests, because everyone has their own opinions on things. I think if you go with the edible route, people will be happy about! I have attached some links for you to look at if you want to make your own wedding favours, edible favours or just regular favours. Hope that helps!

DIY Wedding Favours

Foodie Wedding Favours

Wedding Favours

• Sonja
    VIP September 2017 Ontario
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I made apple butter, and peach/plum compote. Each medium sized jar had a hand written label with the name of the item and our names with the wedding date. Went over really well and was not very expensive.

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hmm, I don't know if you will find something that people will "keep forever", but you can definitely do a great DIY favour that people will love. I know that edible favours are super trendy and very easy to do. If you're good at baking or know anyone who is, you could do homemade cookies or cupcakes, print a custom sticker, tie a ribbon on the box and there you go lol.

• Sherisse
    Beginner July 2022 Ontario
    Sherisse ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Pinterest! They have all the ideas haha! We decided to do caramel apples Smiley smile with a tag that says “apple-y ever after”
    food is always a great option; popcorn or candy corn. Whatever your theme or season is ! Good luck
  • Monique
    Devoted August 2020 Saskatchewan
    Monique ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I've heard of people making magnets for their save the dates, so a magnet as a favor could be cute
  • Jean
    Beginner September 2019 Ontario
    Jean ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Well... Party favors I find most of them typical often with simple items. Given that in my own case, I saw so many of them over the years, they're frequently the same. For our own event, we decided to make the party favor a much more personal thing in that we have decided to create crafted items which in itself is not an easy task. But the twist to this is that something originates from her and something as well originates from me. In her case, her father is luckily a pastry chef so we're making edible item for the package and on my end, I grew up crafting and wood arts, so, I have undertaken making item which also has been custom etched with lasered rings and our name and date of our wedding. And also even the boxes were customized. It is far from a typical party favor but more like a parting thank you gift box instead. However so far, it has gone over very well with both family and bridal parties because it really reflects something more personal and unique and it will also be kept long after our special day has come and gone. We're actually quite excited about handing them out in person as our wedding is smaller (max 50).

If someone is interested in seeing pics, I am happy to share them in private.

Jean Guy

• R
    Devoted November 2019 Quebec
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I love the bookmark idea!

My FH and I were talking about buying Hershey's "hugs" and "kissed" in bulk (we have bulkbarn here) and doing "hugs and kisses from the bride and groom". Now we changed it because my aunt offered to make the chocolate for us as her gift so we will just need to get an XO mold.

• Renee
    Renee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh my goodness I was thinking of doing something like that I was looking at the wooden hearts the other day... kinda making it like a key chain type thing

and sorry to hear of your marriage ending but good luck in your new marriage Smiley winking

• Hélène
    Devoted September 2019 Alberta
    Hélène ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It sure can! We also put so much pressure on ourselves to do it "right" and "perfect". Really, anyone who means anything will be appreciative of whatever they receive as a favour. If it comes from the heart (and DIYing is nothing but from the heart!) your guests will love it!

For my first wedding (20 years ago) we did magnets and bookmarks. I bought little wooden hearts at Michael's and painted them, then wrote our names and the date on them with a paint pen...glued a magnet to the back and voilà. The bookmarks I just designed in Word and then printed on card stock and then cut out with scrapbooking scissors that had a funky edge. I know a few people who still have the magnet, even though the marriage ended over ten years ago. lol

• Renee
    Renee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank Helene for the clarification on my question. Just been basically doing as much DIY stuff to keep the cost down but I really was stuck on wedding favor ideas.. Planning can get frustrating at times

• Hélène
    Devoted September 2019 Alberta
    Hélène ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Renee,

I hate to say it, not everyone will keep it forever. Food favours are always good ("Mint to be" tic tacs, Truffles in a favourite flavour (Lindor if you're near a Lindt store - tons of flavours to choose from), Chocolate bars with custom wraps, cookies... You get my point. We were going to do mini honey jars from our local honey farm but my fiancé is going to make the favours for our wedding instead. For us, it came down to what would be meaningful and represent us as a couple. That's what we ended up going with. But, the honey's still my backup plan!!

Regardless of what you go with - food, a little something, donation in place of a favour - people will be incredibly happy to be there to celebrate your day.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics