Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jenna
Newbie October 2023 Alberta

Help! Need reception space for 100-120 guests!

Jenna, on August 6, 2021 at 13:14 Posted in Alberta 0 5

Hi everyone!

I'm on the hunt for a reception space that is in or around Edmonton (willing to drive 1.5 hours). I am open to halls, distilleries, breweries, restaurants, and even retreats/lodges! I'm going for an industrial/modern feel. I have a really big family and unfortunately its made things really hard while reception shopping, especially while on a tight budget Smiley sad we are only hoping to spend $7000-$10,000, which we are finding out isn't a lot of money when it comes to wedding.

EDIT: The space also needs to be big enough for a dance floor, my moms side loves to boogie lol

5 Comments

Latest activity by Amanda, on August 25, 2021 at 12:44
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh I know where that is!! It's a beautiful place and a beautiful property!

• Jenna
    Jenna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you for the recommendation! I looked at the Coast Nisku Inn and it’s beautiful!
  • Jenna
    Jenna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Not yet! We have a Tour at Métis Crossing coming up, and we’re hoping it’s winner Smiley smile
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

HI Jenna, just checking in to see if you've been able to find a reception space for your wedding yet?!

• Brittany
    Devoted December 2022 Yucatán
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

HI!

Your best bet is to find a hotel. They have numerous banquet rooms that can host a number of people and it would be easier for people to book a hotel room instead of worrying about transportation afterwards.

The Coast Nisku Inn (Leduc area) is a wonderful place. We almost had our wedding there until we decided on a elopement in Mexico. They have 3 large banquet rooms all have their own beautiful details that differs from the area and all have a space for dancing. Their giant ballroom actually comes with a separate dance floor in the middle.

With having around 50 guests myself, all the food, drinks, and venue fee was around 5,000 which is pretty good. It may be a bit more expensive for you because you have a larger number of guests.

This is just one example of a hotel.

An other option is also a golf course. Usually they are like a hotel in the sense it is cheaper to book a venue and have all the food and drinks provided by them.

I know it may not be ideal because they have so many beautiful venues on this website listed, but if you are trying to be cost friendly. it is the way to go.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics