Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Laura
Newbie May 2022 Alberta

Help finding a musician for Calgary wedding reception

Laura, on October 20, 2021 at 17:35 Posted in Alberta 1 3
Hi all!

My fiancé and I are really keen on live music for our wedding reception, but we are having a hard time finding anything! We are looking for a local(ish) musician or duo that has a folk-blues-rock kind of sound (like Nathaniel Rateliff, if that’s a helpful reference)! We’re thinking this person or duo would likely be a guitarist/singer that plays a good mix or slower and faster beats.
Does anyone have any recommendations or ideas on sources to check out? So far we tried on Wedding Wire’s vendor directory, CalgaryMusicians.org, GigSalad, MusicCalgary.ca and contacting local music venues (none of which even got back to us).
Any ideas would be much appreciated!
Thank you!!

3 Comments

Latest activity by Malyssa, on October 28, 2021 at 15:26
  • Malyssa
    Expert October 2022 Alberta
    Malyssa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I agree with Amanda, there is a great FB group for the Calgary area with lots of vendors in it. And so far in my experience on that group, there are alot of vendors that are not on wedding wire! SO worth checking there too. Good luck!

• Lynnie
    WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina
    Lynnie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Laura! Have you tried searching on The Bash? That would be my next suggestion!

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Post in your local wedding sell/swap groups on Facebook. You might be able to find someone on there for your wedding Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics