Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jade
Newbie September 2018 Ontario

Help! do i invite them?

Jade, on July 8, 2018 at 15:15 Posted in Ontario 0 3
I have been invited to coworkers step daughters wedding and all three of her kids baptisms and a few bbqs... Should I invite the step daughter to my wedding? Or no? I like her and get along with her I just don't want to be rude for not inviting them when I'm invited to all these intimate family moments and I dont anyone to think I'm greedy.... What should I do?

3 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on July 11, 2018 at 15:16
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You can be invited to many occasions and weddings. Personally i don't think half of them will even ask if you don't mention about your wedding.

If you feel on your part to invite the step-daughter and the co worker to your wedding, do so. There will be declinations from some guests and you can still have the number your aiming for the reception.
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You are not obliged to invite anyone to your wedding. Just because you have been invited to things by their family doesn't mean you have to invite them. It would be worse if you invited them just out of obligation or to fill seats.

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You're not being rude by not inviting the step-daughter. I'm assuming you're still inviting said co-worker to your wedding, right?

I'm in a similar situation where FH and I were invited to his friend's sister's wedding. SO, I had never met this sister and we were literally at the worst table in the place. We were absolutely only there to fill seats. These people will not make or break our wedding and will not be missed, therefore they're not invited.

Try going with the "Will they enhance my wedding?" question and you should have your answer.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics