Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Marsha
Devoted July 2022 Ontario

Hello gta Brides. Looking for a great place to purchase bridesmaids dresses besides David's Bridal

Marsha, on March 6, 2022 at 11:13 Posted in Ontario 1 28

Can you ladies all share with me where is a good place that sells reasonably priced dresses. I went to David's Bridal yesterday and out of the 9 dresses my MOH tried on we came down to 2 but then it turns out we have to decide decide pretty quickly because it can take up to 20weeks. I have looked at Shein and Azzazie but a bit nervous buying such an item on line.

Great to hear where you all bough yours or going to buy yours.

thanks

28 Comments

Latest activity by Taylor, on July 14, 2023 at 16:45
  • T
    Newbie July 2023 Ontario
    Taylor ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Shona joy! It is online but the dresses are stunning and come incredibly quickly. I ordered the swatches in advance just to make sure the colour I was leaning towards was on point (it was)!

• Carolina
    Newbie February 2023 Ontario
    Carolina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’ve purchased dresses from Azazie and they were decent! They take all your exact measurements, so no extra tailoring required! I would recommend getting the fabric swatches first though. My dress ended up being quite a different shade in person versus online. Still pretty, but not exactly what I thought
  • Marsha
    Marsha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I found the communication pretty great with JJs house, i never had to reach out fo Azzazzie yet.

• Marsha
    Marsha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I am enjoying my every steps of planning

shipping was good in my opinion. still waiting on Azzazie. i also orderd groomsmen gifts from JJ's house

• Darla
    Beginner July 2022 Ontario
    Darla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hope you are having a wonderful spring. Just a few questions on the sites you posted about: How did the arrival time turn out? Shipping okay? Communication?

• Darla
    Beginner July 2022 Ontario
    Darla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

What a lovely site! Looks like shipping is good too! Hard to picture the dresses on real people, that are not 100lbs and 16 yrs old, but otherwise looks good.

• Marsha
    Marsha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you very much, i am glad as well

• Rachay
    Curious August 2022 Ontario
    Rachay ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    No worries! Those are great sites as well, glad you were able to find an option that works for you!
  • Marsha
    Marsha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ended up buying 1 dress from JJ'shouse and my MOH from Azzazie

• Marsha
    Marsha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Sorry late reply, i ended up purchasing the bridesmaid dress on JJ'shouse and 1 on Azzazie

• Rachay
    Curious August 2022 Ontario
    Rachay ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I brought my wedding dress from Best for Bride, they have locations in Toronto, Etobicoke, Hamilton, and Barrie, I did not get my bridesmaid dresses from there, however, their prices are reasonable on even wedding dresses and they have clearance racks at the Etobicoke location.

For my bridesmaids, I actually did get their dresses on Shein, the material was actually surprisingly thick and good quality and looked really good, sometimes you just gotta take a chance, Shein is also a cost-effective option.

• Stacey
    Frequent user October 2022 Ontario
    Stacey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Lady Black Tie (https://ladyblacktie.com/) is where I got my wedding dress - they also have a lot of variety of dresses. Great communication back and forth - They took more pictures for me and a video of the dress. I wanted to bring the pictures and video to my seamstress to see if she thought is would be worthwhile, I was nervous buying online. Size was right on, I have very little alterations that need to be done. I had the dress within 1.5 weeks - they made the transaction seamless!

• Samantha
    Beginner June 2022 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Azazie was GREAT! All my girls got there dresses super fast and they are great quality! A few of my girls even did the custom sizing option and there are no issues with that either. Also great prices & tons of colour options!

• Marsha
    Marsha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I am kinda still shopping for a veil. If I find a better one then what I have. Can you please send a picture?
  • N
    Newbie May 2020 Ontario
    Naz ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Selling a size 16 Maggie Sottero Irma style wedding dress new, tag on, purchased from Amandalinas paid $1900, selling for $950. Also have 6 Vera Wang bridesmaid dresses purchased from David's Bridal for $281.00, selling for $125. New, tag on, v-neck halter with sash, colour is coral, sizes 0,0,2,4,6,14. Pure ivory Arthur Harris veil, 1 tier finger tip,applique and beaded edge purchased from Amandalinas, paid $282, selling for $100

• Marsha
    Marsha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yea but It's still less than paying for a boutique dress. I believe. The one I saw at David will cost 209.00 plus 87 for ulteration plus tax
  • Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thats a lot for shipping! I'd very roughly guess duties would be around $40
  • Marsha
    Marsha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I appreciate all this from you. I do know the cost is on CAD thank God. And they charger 31.00 CAD for delivery. I just don't like the duty surprise. Hmmm
  • Liberty
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    It's kinda hard to say what duties will be. I think there's a $10-20 processing fee plus whatever the taxes would be. Some sites will snow you duties at the checkout but some you wont know until the package shows up. I also believe JJs house is USD so I'd check that and make sure to factor in the conversation to CAD
  • Marsha
    Marsha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh no way. Thanks for this heads up. How will I know how much the duty charges are? Is that something we won't know until it's delivered?

I did check out both sites and I fell in love with the JJs house dress only found one that I liked not loved on Azzazie.
    If the fees our 40 to 50 dollars it's not too bad. Bc dress cost is only 127.00But no fees can be better of course. I may search one more time on Azzazie if duty is a lot
  • Liberty
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    One thing to keep in mind with JJs house is there will be duty charges when they arrive. Azazie won't have cause they ship from a Canadian warehouse (I believe in Mississauga) and if you do need alterations they will reimburse you a bit!
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

And that's ok! Not all dresses will be for everyone

• Marsha
    Marsha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oooo i love this feed back. Thank you thank you thank you, I have put a couple styles in my wish list there and i have a couple as well in JJ's House. they also have custom sizing which is great, just that you can not return custom sizing (which of course makes sense)

• Marsha
    Marsha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Me too, Laura did not have anything to my liking but did see 2 dresses at JJ's house and 1 at Azzazie.

• Liberty
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I highly recommend Azazie! We are using them for my bridesmaids and this is my 2nd time using them! My friend also recently uses them and was happy! Timeline is much quicker than David's Bridal. Azazie also has a try on at home option so your MOH/bridesmaids can try on the styles at home before deciding which one to order! They also offer free custom sizing which worked every well for me and helps save money on alterations!
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

You're so welcome dear Smiley heart I hope you find the one!

• Marsha
    Marsha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you i will check them out. I just checked out JJ's House an online store and saw a dress there i love love. So if i dont find anything this week in stores or from recommendations here i will purchase at JJ's house

• Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Check out Laura Canada & Melanie Lyne!

They're both ran by the same company just sister stores to each other. Both Canadian companies as well

I bought my MOH's dress from Laura. I also work for the company. If they don't have your size in store, they can order it and it takes about 5-6 business days

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics