Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Cassie
Frequent user September 2020 Ontario

Hawaii/honeymoon Tips

Cassie, on May 17, 2019 at 11:41 Posted in Honeymoon 0 18
Hello everyone! I’m getting married May 23, 2020 and thinking of maybe heading to Hawaii the week after for the honeymoon. I still have some time to book, but I was wondering if anyone has been or is going to Hawaii for their honeymoon and has any tips or tricks. It’s an expensive place and any advice is super appreciated in advance! ♥️

18 Comments

Latest activity by Kaitlynn, on November 16, 2019 at 21:49
  • Kaitlynn
    Curious August 2021 Ontario
    Kaitlynn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Very lucky and privileged, I realize! I've used Makani Kai for helicopter tours, they are on several of the islands, and have lots of different options. For dolphin snorkeling tours (you can also get whale watching ones too I think), I went with Wild Side as I respect their philosophy of protecting wildlife. Highly recommend! Hook-Up Surfing was great for our beginner surf lessons too, you can look up others but we had a good experience. Just leather on the sunscreen. Unfortunately all of these experiences are rather costly, but amazing experiences and well worth it for the memories and stories. Smiley smile

• Cassie
    Cassie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you for all the tips on what to do! The helicopter tour would be out of this world! I’ve heard the shaved ice there is a must. Smiley smile that’s lucky you have that condo as an option, that’s awesome! Thanks again!
  • Kaitlynn
    Kaitlynn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I've been to Honolulu about 5 times now and I always go in February, my dad rents a condo there so I'm lucky to save a TON that way. If you can rent something and make your own food, you will save a lot of money. Try beginner surf lessons, go snorkeling with dolphins (find a reputable company that respects wildlife - also if you go to Oahu go to Hanauma Bay!), take an island bus tour, definitely do plenty of hikes, and just enjoy the beaches and local cuisine (shave ice!). I also highly recommend helicopter tours, especially doors off - just an unparalleled way to see the island (any of the bigger ones will have this).

• Ally
    Ally ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    If you’re planning to stay for a few days I’m sure that would be fine. The reasoning was its really chaotic and since you’ve landed in the US you have to go through customs before your connecting flight. A lot of people apparently miss connecting flights at LAX because of this.
  • S
    Expert September 2020 Quebec
    Shannon ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Https://www.selloffvacations.com/hawaii/cheap-hawaii-vacations.asp

This site has all inclusive vacation for just about anywhere including Hawaii.

• Cassie
    Cassie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hiking is definitely on the top of my list haha. Beaches too. Thanks for your help!
  • Cassie
    Cassie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you for your help! We will also be coming from Ontario and everyone suggested to stop in LA and stay there for a few days on the way. Do you know why he said to avoid connecting through LAX?

• Ally
    Ally ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re doing Maui for 10 days in July 2020. My fiancé travels a lot for work so our hotel for the whole trip will be paid for on points. Otherwise, we for sure would have gone the Airbnb route and rented a condo. On Maui definitely rent a car. Luckily a lot of the activities/exploring on Maui are free/low cost outside of the organized excursions so that’s one positive of an otherwise expensive trip. Not sure where you are flying from but we’re coming from Ontario so we have to do a connecting flight. My coworker’s dad used to be a pilot for Air Canada and she said to avoid connecting through LAX if possible. Hope that’s helpful!
  • Darby
    Newbie June 2021 Alberta
    Darby ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are thinking about Hawaii as well. Following for the tips and tricks! I would have never thought to book an Air BnB but it makes sense to save money. Just need to find one with a kitchen and is close to the water! A friend of ours is getting married in Hawaii the winter after our wedding so we were thinking about just making one big trip and combining them together! I have been to Hawaii before and I definitely recommend hiking! And picking out the beaches you would like to visit before going over!

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Following!!! Were thinking Kauai for our honeymoon in December this year! As everyone has said its VERY expensive.... and I'm on of those who's super nervous about renting an Airbnb....
  • Seleena
    Super September 2019 British Columbia
    Seleena ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Same! I’ve been looking into Hawaii for our honeymoon and AirBnB’s are a good deal!
  • Cassie
    Cassie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I’ve heard the same! I’ll definitely look into it. Smiley smile
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Love this! If I ever went I’d definitely try to get an Airbnb
  • Seleena
    Super September 2019 British Columbia
    Seleena ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    So many people I know have gone and stayed at AirBnB. Saves a ton of money on hotels.
  • Cassie
    Cassie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I definitely want a more beachy vibe with hiking and volanco climbing excursion options so either Maui or Oahu most likely. Thank you!!
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are going to Hawaii in January 2020. We plan to fly into Honolulu and then 5 days in go to Maui then fly home from there. Probably take a day trip to one of the other islands too. I definitely suggest this, Honolulu is like a city so if you want a more beachy Island getaway then definitely fly to one of the other islands too or even multiple. Our friends just went to Maui and it's beautiful! They loved it and highly recommended it. It's definitely not cheap it's going to be a very expensive trip since there is no all inclusive there but totally worth it!
  • Cassie
    Cassie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you so much!! I will keep all of that in mind Smiley smile
  • Amanda
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have been and we are also going for our honeymoon in october.. Yes it can be expensive as there is no all inclusive, but it's worth it.

What I would suggest is try and find a hotel that includes breakfast, that saves you one meal you need to purchase. Buy alcohol from duty free on the way there, even some wine to have with meals.. one of the restaurants on our hotel let you bring your wine with no corkage fee... you can also find places with a kitchen so you're not eating out every meal. There are definitely ways to save. But embrace the trip - it is beautiful and there is so much to do. I have also heard that Maui is much more expensive than any of the other islands. We are going to Honolulu

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics