Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Sarah
Newbie August 2025 Ontario

Having Issues Finding Ceremony & Reception Space

Sarah, on June 20, 2024 at 18:25 Posted in Ontario 1 3
My fiancé and I are planning to get married August 23, 2025. A lot of the spaces within an hour of us and our family are either 1) no interest to us (such as halls, banquet centres), 2) requiring more guests than we are inviting, 3) already booked up and 4) not responding. I’ve messaged 9 venues at this time and only 3 have responded. I’ve contacted them through WeddingWire, the venues website and calling. Is this a normal part of wedding planning? There is one space we were like and I cannot get a hold of them at all and they don’t have a social media account.

3 Comments

Latest activity by Hank, on June 23, 2024 at 01:45
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ooof, sorry to hear that. Is your date flexible at all? Are you willing to go with Sunday the 24th or another Saturday? Because you're looking to book on a major prime wedding date, the likelihood that popular venues would have it booked by this time of year is high. If you're flexible on dates, that could open up options that would otherwise be unavailable to you at the moment. This is especially the case with your already limited options (Guelph area vs GTA) that are further narrowed down by the type of venue.

One thing to note about a Saturday prime date is that there is a high chance the venue will ask for a higher minimum spend. You mentioned you were looking for a lower guest count than what the venue is asking for. One reason venues may be ignoring you is because they're prioritizing other clients who are expressing a higher guest count and therefore a higher budget and more revenue for them. Doesn't make it right that they are ignoring you, but just thought you should know that's likely a factor.

• Sarah
    Newbie August 2025 Ontario
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Some of them I messaged end of April. And have followed up with them through the contact email on their website, and left voicemails. I heard back from one since posting this but they don’t have our date - could this have been avoided if they responded right away?

Initially we were looking for a barn type venue, outdoor ceremony with an indoor reception since we want to get married end of August. I’m finding we have to let go of goals because so many places aren’t responding or have our date.
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

How long ago did you message them? If it's been just a few days, it's the start of major wedding season so they are probably busy. Try following up on the 6 remaining ones with an email. If they're unresponsive, then you probably wouldn't want to work with them on your wedding anyway.

What kind of venue are you looking for?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics