Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Sascha
Curious May 2022 Ontario

Having a hard time finding a makeup artist for bride only

Sascha, on November 13, 2021 at 19:32 Posted in Ontario 0 4
I am having a smaller wedding (50 people) with no bridal party.
I am looking for a really good makeup artist in the GTA/Hamilton area but unfortunately and constantly met with them not wanting to book or telling me that they don’t typically do just 1 person for bridal makeup.
I am quite good and family with makeup but I definitely do not want to do my own…Feeling kind of discouraged

4 Comments

Latest activity by Tunisha, on November 28, 2021 at 19:50
  • Tunisha
    Super October 2021 Ontario
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hello Sascha, 👋🏾
    Sorry that you’re going through this situation. Check with Sephora to see if they can book you for a makeup for that day. I was supposed to have someone that my aunt found to do mine, but something came up for her last minute. Then my day of coordinator (family friend) did mine, she did fine but I wished that I had done it myself at the same time. Do you consider yourself well in makeup? If so, I can say watch videos and get a bit more comfortable if it is difficult to get someone.

I’m wishing you all the best in the rest of your planning.
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Kijiji site has make up artists you can reach out and see if they will fulfill your request as for trial run and booking if they fit your vision.

If vendors feel they don't want to go ahead with their services for personal reasons, family member is the alternative way to go knowing someone is there to help out.

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would maybe post in your local wedding sell/swap groups on facebook. I know most places want a minimum of 4 people but you might be able to find someone who is will to do just you Smiley smile I had to do that myself since I only have myself and my MOH.

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Ugh, sorry to hear that these makeup artists you're contacting are prioritizing bigger clients. I suggest putting a request for proposal out to local facebook groups asking for quotes for a one person makeup job.

If things don't pan out there, would you consider visiting a salon, or even a retailer like Sephora?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics