Skip to main content
Jillian
Frequent user September 2022 Ontario

Have you told anyone what your plan b will be?

Jillian, on April 10, 2020 at 09:34 Posted in WeddingWire 0 10
Saved
Reply
We decided on our plan b last night. We gave ourselves a date to make a decision and if we will elope and then do reception later. We haven’t reached out to any vendors to reschedule/post pone but we mentally want to prepare. If you have a plan b, have you told your family, friends and or bridal party to give them a heads up? Half our family and friends will be travelling via Air and my dad lives in the states. We have sent most of our invites out already with our rsvp for May 15, next batch will have an rsvp date for Aug 2. Our wedding is scheduled for September 19 2020.

10 Comments

Latest activity by Heather, on April 20, 2020 at 16:59
  • Heather
    Beginner September 2020 Arizona
    Heather ·
    • Dispute
    My wedding is October & November 2020(due to personal reasons we have 2). One is in the USA and one is in Mexico. My Fiancé and I have come up with a plan B, and we have shared it with our friends and family. I enjoy keeping my friends and family in the loop, and letting them know what is sort of going on.
    • Reply
  • Marissa
    Frequent user October 2021 Alberta
    Marissa ·
    • Dispute
    I haven't told anyone. Our wedding is scheduled for 8/8/20, and my next choice would be 10/10/20. I've been wondering if I should check with vendors and when is the best time to do that.
    • Reply
  • Beatriz
    Frequent user September 2020 Ontario
    Beatriz ·
    • Dispute
    Our plan B was to postpone, which we did. Our plan C we have communicated to our family.... hoping it doesn’t come to that 😩
    • Reply
  • Jillian
    Frequent user September 2022 Ontario
    Jillian ·
    • Dispute
    View quoted message
    Ya girl same, the last three days have really hit me hard and each time I even think about post poning I break down.
    • Reply
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute

    My plan b is to cry lol!!!

    • Reply
  • Mackenzie
    Curious August 2022 Ontario
    Mackenzie ·
    • Dispute
    My wedding is August 8th. All of our parties(bridal shower, bachelorette/bachelor parties) are June/July. With all this uncertainty we are 80% sure we are postponing to our backup date which is June 12,2021. I feel this won't get better by June but if it does it just doesn't feel good to rush everything. We are waiting till the middle of June to postpone.
    • Reply
  • Vinod
    Featured August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute

    It would be good to have family, friends and wedding party to know plan B so they are not shocked or angered to know the last minute with you and have to cancel on your with other engagements that may take place. Travel agencies may charge those who have to rearrange their dates to fly out and that will not be good if they decline if they can't afford to make it to your wedding.

    The invites are just the same as before with some changes of the dates and RSVP. It seems easier to email, social media message everyone so they can write the date down and rearrange the check in and travel dates according to their schedule plans.

    • Reply
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    View quoted message
    We never planned to have a wedding party. It's made this whole thing easier, I don't have anyone asking me what they should do about the date or if they still need to order their suit/dress/etc. Plus if we elope I only need to coordinate with the essential people and if there are restrictions on gatherings we should be fine with us, officiant, witnesses, and photographer.
    • Reply
  • Jillian
    Frequent user September 2022 Ontario
    Jillian ·
    • Dispute
    View quoted message
    Our plan b will be waiting until mid June to decide.
    Did you tell your bridal party?
    • Reply
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    We're waiting until July to make our decision. I told some friends during a video chat and they were all really supportive.


    We are waiting until we make the decision to tell our parents because we don't want to risk upsetting them for no reason.
    Our province has talked about being hopeful that some things may return to normal by summer, so our elopement backup plan should be doable. We have family in Wisconsin and Newfoundland so if they can't travel we will postpone the reception and have a vow renewal for our anniversary when they can be there.
    • Reply

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

×
ReCaptcha Verification failed. Please try again.

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics