Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

Have you lied about your wedding?

Joey, on September 12, 2019 at 08:00 Posted in WeddingWire 0 18

Have you told anyone a lie about your wedding? Maybe you fudged the truth about the capacity of your venue to explain why someone wasn't invited. Maybe you pretended you'd already chosen your invitations so your FMIL would stop sending you suggestions. Maybe you said you didn't take any pics of the dress so you could keep it secret. What white lies have you told about your wedding?

Have you lied about your wedding? 1

18 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on September 18, 2019 at 11:14
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

To my family yes because they had lots of input to give and lots of NO at the same of what not is required to do. A few fibs here and there were said to get off the case even if they didn't like it.

Others beyond family, wedding party and others would ask what is being done or arranged, the only answer was to wait and see, also if I tell you I would have to kill you for knowing. LOL.

Just as the MOHs and the salon girls were putting the buck & buck together for us and wouldn't say much of it. I did hear lots of the games and basket ideas they were putting together though.

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hahah... there were several little white lies that I don't intend to get into. But I completely forgot about them until this post.

• Danielle
    Frequent user July 2022 Manitoba
    Danielle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We've done this too! MOH and best man know because they're helping us choreograph but we've told them they can't say anything!
  • Danielle
    Frequent user July 2022 Manitoba
    Danielle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We're telling people that we haven't chosen the wedding party yet. We're having a long engagement so we don't want to have to deal with bridesmaid drama LOL.
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    What the heck? people are asking you how much you’re spending? how taboo and inappropriate! I wouldn’t even reply to those people!! If I did, it would be along the lines of “none of your dang business”!
  • Maddie19
    Curious July 2020 Alberta
    Maddie19 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yes about capacity. My cousin who I have barely had contact with for years invited herself, husband, and child.. Didn't exactly know how to say no thanks please don't come.

• Amanda
    Expert July 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

LMFAO - This makes me laugh. Oh the frustrations of wedding planning.

I have fudge pretty much my whole wedding at this point. I have told people the opposite of everything that I am planning just to answer questions that I am not even sure of yet. It seems that everyone thinks we are supposed to know EVERY SINGLE DETAIL, which is not the case at all.
    I just tell people everything is done and I don't want anyone to know the plans until the day of, that usually helps keep people off my back.

• Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I've definitely fudged the truth about capacity, for the simple reason that I didn't want friends/family bringing randoms as their +1.

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I haven't yet but I'm just starting to plan. Not everyone even knows we've set a date yet. I literally wear what I'm thinking on my face if I lied to anyone they would know. It isn't worth it for me.
  • Caitlyn
    Super January 2020 Ontario
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ah yes, the "I'll think about it" lie. I am familiar with that one and have uttered it myself a number of times.

We've also lied about the details of our first dance as it has a neat little twist to it that we want to be a surprise Smiley tongue

• Miav
    Devoted September 2020 Alberta
    Miav ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

A bit here and there regarding budget and money stuff! Smiley xd a lot of people (relatives) seem to be wayyy too interested on how much we are spending (FH and I are paying for the wedding). At times I'm not super comfortable on hashing out every small money detail

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have definitely fudged some truths lol!

At the very beginning an old friend that I had a pretty big falling out with a few years ago messaged me when I got engaged saying: "I'm in the bridal party/invited right?" I told her FH and I haven't figured out our wedding party yet (we had), and we didn't have room to invite her (we did).

My hairdresser and I are keeping my hairstyle a secret from everyone - we both have photos but we've both told people we didn't.

The biggest one is when I've gotten unsolicited advice and respond with "I'll think about it" - nope!

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We have been pretty straight up about our wedding. Aside from my family, not many people have asked about the wedding, so we didn't have to tell any white lies.

• Alix
    Expert June 2021 Saskatchewan
    Alix ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I haven't had to tell any lies about the wedding.

• M
    Expert September 2019 Ontario
    Meaghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    No white lies, but our families didn't know we were even getting married until 2 days beforehand.
  • Katelyn
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Katelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I've been very honest about the wedding. Although we did make it seem like we were planning on starting a family right after and at this point in our lives we want to try and save up some money before having children. So our timeline is longer than we made it seem. Oops.
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

None that I can think of... we are pretty honest and blunt so we don't tip toe around subjects... I guess if you count omitting a detail that wasn't asked about and doesn't really matter too much (imo) I would say that we just haven't updated my FMIL about the fact that my FH's last name change has officially gone through? But she knew it was happening, we just didn't want to bring it up again.

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I haven’t told any white lies (so far), and hopefully I can continue that way!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics