Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Danna
Newbie August 2019 Alberta

Has anyone purchased table linens or other decorations off of Wish?

Danna, on November 1, 2018 at 14:41 Posted in Wedding reception 0 11

In an effort to keep the decoration costs down, I am looking to either purchase used, rent or buy table runners, table linens and charger plates. Has anyone purchased items from Wish? Are they good quality? Is it hard to return items if unused or if I don't like them?

The prices they post seem a little too good to be true.

Advice needed please! Smiley smile

Thanks everyone!!

Danna

11 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on November 4, 2018 at 18:13
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have not purchased from wish site ever. I would rather rent knowing i don't have the headache of storing after the event and to pay so much for laundry. Feels as i'm borrowing and returning for a charge. I did that with the vases and floral balls.
  • Cherry
    Devoted October 2019 Quebec
    Cherry ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have not purchased from Wish. I bought few items from Facebook Marketplace, and the local Facebook Wedding Buy & Swap. I got very nice items which I don't think I would get them with that price if I bought them from online stores.

• Natalie
    Devoted July 2020 Ontario
    Natalie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I ordered a lot so far from Aliexpress. If you have the time, just do it. The prices are so worth it. Just got 30,000 rose petals for about 60 bucks. It just takes time to go through the review photos and order well in advance in case anything isn't what it seems. Don't be fooled; a LOT of wedding vendors buy their centrepieces wholesale from sites like this - I've found beautiful vases, large scale photo walls and some really amazing floral arrangements. I get it, it's fake and you want everything at your wedding to be lavish... but I'd rather spend the money where it matters and stick with just making the hall look beautiful. If nothing else, at least search for centrepiece vases. You won't be disappointed.

• Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I personally haven't ordered from wish. I know some people that have and never received their items.

If you have enough time. I usually order from Aliexpress. Its from china, so shipping takes usually 2 months. but some of their prices are AWESOME!

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am waiting on 3 orders from Wish right now... My first ones. If you're willing to wait up to 2 months for your stuff, I think it's okay. I'm not ordering anything expensive (2 tulle runners and a cake topper).

Also read the reviews, see if people share photos of the actual item. Just be vigilent while searching. I was looking at a pair of shoes, and the product photos were Jimmy Choo's (you could see the branding on the insole), and then they'd be sending you super cheap looking knock offs... Eugh.

I'm using it for "filler items", not for all of my linens or anything. You'd probably be better off looking into rentals.

• Danna
    Newbie August 2019 Alberta
    Danna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    This is great feedback! I had a feeling it may not be as promised. The images aren’t always in focus so I’m not sure I’ll gamble with anything important. I might look into Joom as @Samantha suggested as another option as well. Thank you everyone for your time!

Danna
  • Samantha
    Newbie August 2022 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Try Joom .... items tend to be cheaper and prices already include shipping
  • Petra
    Frequent user June 2020 Ontario
    Petra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I ordered a baking thing for a couple dollars on September 14 and it says it was “delivered” October 31 but hasn’t arrived. I had something else that I krdered, came a month later, I’d say it was about a 3.5/5 only because I can use some of the letter molds for baking because they’re weirdly done. Not sure about linens though
  • E
    Expert December 2018 Ontario
    Emma ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’ve ordered a few things off wish. I actually gambled and ordered my bouquet off there. And I was really happy with it. It looked amazing.

i ordered what was supposed to be a Mr & Mrs cake topper and got some weird piece of metal. That one I asked for a refund and got it.

I also ordered satin table runners for like $3 a piece. They aren’t super great quality, a little thin, but they would have worked. I’m not even using them now thought since my new venue includes nicer ones for free.

So it’s really hit or miss. I don’t order anything that expensive. And I’m always prepared for it to be crap lol. The one time I asked for a refund they gave it to me no problem. I just had to send photos of what I received.
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

First of all - congrats on the engagement and welcome to the wedding wire community!! lol and as for Wish, just like Casey I have never actually ordered anything from them but based off of the Youtube reviews and my coworkers opinions it's a hit or miss. You don't always get what you see in the picture but for the most part the price is worth that chance. I have been meaning to try it out but financially don't even want to think about shopping until after my finances are in order (bought a house this past summer, and both me and the FH are in the middle of changing our vehicles).

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I personally have never ordered off Wish, but I know people who have. Read the reviews and the comments, and don't just buy because its what you want and the price is great!

Some of the stuff is good, but some is really bad. Just look into it a bit more Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics