Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Janelle
Newbie September 2018 Alberta

Has anyone had or considering a honeymoon is Greece?

Janelle, on May 2, 2018 at 12:03 Posted in Honeymoon 0 12

I am thinking about Greece for my honeymoon in September 2018, but unsure if I should book through an agent or on my own! Any recommendations on Greece would be amazing! I am looking for hotels that have private pools in the suites preferably. Thanks in advance!

12 Comments

Latest activity by Rachel-Anne, on August 28, 2019 at 10:25
  • Rachel-Anne
    Curious September 2020 Ontario
    Rachel-Anne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Any tips are sincerely appreciated.

We are travelling June 2020 from Toronto to Greece.

We are trying to figure out what would be a difference in cost between a 2 week honeymoon and 3 week honeymoon. We want to see Athens, Santorini and Crete.

Thanks everyone!

• L
    Frequent user February 2020 Ontario
    Liarra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hey Rachel, we are booking our honeymoon to Greece this weekend for October. We sort of left it to last minute to book unintentionally. We were planning on going in 2020 but changed our minds and are actually going before the wedding. Worked out that way with how life is right now. No big deal. But if you have any questions feel free to message me. We did not use a travel agent as we’ve traveled quite a bit and mostly always booked on our own. But if you need anything don’t hesitate to shoot me a message Smiley smile I’ve done lots of research.
  • Rachel-Anne
    Rachel-Anne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Do you have a travel agency you would recommend in Ontario for booking trips to Greece?

• Rachel-Anne
    Rachel-Anne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're just starting to look into Greece for July 2020. I really hope that people continue to comment on this thread with tips, prices etc.

• Sarah
    Beginner November 2019 Ontario
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

As for whether or not to use an agent -

I'm very well traveled ( 25yrs old and been to 27 countries, 6 continents) Unless you are staying at an all inclusive resort you should DIY book your travels. Now I say this to people who are able to google hunt for deals and understand what they want. If you are hands on with your wedding planning, you can plan your honeymoon! Now if you just went yes/ no and someone else looked, googled, and did the dirty work, then maybe look at a travel agents.

Please ALWAYS read REVIEWS for anything travel related and street view is your friend!!

Hope that helps

• Sara
    Devoted October 2018 Ontario
    Sara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We're going to take a sunset dinner cruise out of Santorini with visits to the beach and volcano!

it's upsetting that the distances are so large, i would've loved to go to every point of interest in the entire country Smiley sad

• Maria
    Beginner October 2018 Ontario
    Maria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're looking at honeymooning in Greece too! Just googled Thassos - looks lovely. Loving the idea of candle lit cocktails on the beach!

• Lynnie
    WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina
    Lynnie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I didn't go to Greece for my honeymoon, but I did go on a cruise in Greece with my aunt several years ago! We started in Athens then visited Mykonos, Santorini, and Rhodes. Mykonos and Santorini were definitely my favorites!!

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have never been but I have heard amazing things about Santorini from a few people.

• Erin
    Super September 2019 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Not specifically Greece, but a Mediterranean cruise is on our list of potential honeymoons! My cousin and his wife did it for their honeymoon and they still rave about it three years later! I've been to Athens before and it was actually pretty disappointing, but I'd go back to visit some of the islands for sure.

• Jocelyn
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Jocelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    One of my friends visits Santorini Island every summer, and told me
    he sees a LOT of couples on vacation/honeymooning there.
  • Sara
    Devoted October 2018 Ontario
    Sara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yes!

We're going in October! and we're so excited.

What we're doing and what I've heard is the best price option, is checking out Airbnb for accommodation.

I would recommend that if you want to go to the islands, you pick only a couple (unless you're going for a long time) - we learned that they're actually not that close to each other and traveling between them actually takes like a whole day out of your trip.

If you want to do tours, Costco has a fantastic 10-day trip to Athens right now or you can plan your own. It is really up to what you guys want to do. There are quite a few day trips from Athens to other places, as well as longer (2-3 days) to visit the rest of the mainland.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics