Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

Happy Canada Day! Show off your Canada love 🇨🇦

Joey, on July 1, 2018 at 10:05 Posted in WeddingWire 0 10

Hooray and Happy Canada Day! How will you all be celebrating this Canada Day?

How will you be showing off your Canadian pride in your wedding?

Happy Canada Day! Show off your Canada love 🇨🇦 1

Photo: ABarrett Photography

Happy Canada Day! Show off your Canada love 🇨🇦 2

Photo: Ness Photography

Happy Canada Day! Show off your Canada love 🇨🇦 3

Photo: Chocolate Arts

Stuck trying to think up creative ways to show your Canadian pride on your big day? We have you covered! Here are 30 Ways to Host the Ultimate Canadian Wedding!

10 Comments

Latest activity by Brittany, on July 3, 2018 at 20:31
  • Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My fiance is part Metis, so he will have his Metis Sash (the red scarf looking thing) with him for some of the photos. Other than that, I think a winter wedding is as Canadian as it gets... haha.

Happy Canada Day! Show off your Canada love 🇨🇦 4

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We didn't do much for Canada Day this year as my husband was working most of the day but we got together with friends for a BBQ and watched some fireworks.

In our wedding we had some Canadian pride by getting married in the country in the Fall and had our reception in a barn. My bridesmaids also wore red so when put together we looked like the Canadian flag lol

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Perhaps I will change into some flannel as we are having an outdoor fall wedding! That and bonfires which mean we will have to chop some wood! haha

• Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re getting married in Victoria,BC. My FH is American. He immigrated to Canada on July 1, 2017. We celebrated his 1 year anniversary today and started our wedding website this weekend. We’re having a brunch reception and he’s fallen in love with Maple syrup so we’ll be sure to have that with pancakes or waffles.
  • Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We really wanted to do the poutine bar for all my British guests to get a real taste of Canada but it was completely out of budget
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We have the Ribfest as well as Canada Day festivities!
    We will start by going down main street to shop the vendors then head down to the Ribfest! Then back to the Canada Day celebrations to listen to the live music and whatever else they are offering. Then we will sit by the lake watching the fireworks!
    This is our first Canada Day living in the Okanagan so we are looking forward to seeing how BC celebrates the day!
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We were up at my friends camp (or cottage - depending on your geographical location) on Lake Superior for the weekend and hoping to go see fireworks at the Thunder Bay Marina if the rain lets up! Might be doing a poutine bar at the wedding!

• Tyanna
    Super June 2019 British Columbia
    Tyanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We went on a multi day through hike on the sunshine coast trail this weekend, and now that we are back we are heading to comox to go to their celebrations and to catch a movie! I found this awesome shirt at Walmart and wore it all weekend, and we picked a part of the trail that hugs the coast on the way to the hut where we stayed overnight Smiley smile

We thought about a poutine bar for the wedding but actually decided on cold pizza. Other than that, we are having an outdoor beach& campground wedding which represents us and our love for our great country!

Happy Canada Day! Show off your Canada love 🇨🇦 5

Happy Canada Day! Show off your Canada love 🇨🇦 6

Happy Canada Day! Show off your Canada love 🇨🇦 7
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Going to watch fireworks later tonight and a bbq at a friends place!!!
    On wedding day we are doing a poutine late night station can you get any more Canadian? Ahhaha!! Have fun everyone! Stay safe!
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re currently up in Wasaga at FH’s parents house taking it easy! We’ll be heading out on the boat soon and hopefully getting in the water!

We didn’t think about showing any Canadian pride during our wedding tbh.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics