Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Emily
Newbie October 2019 Ontario

Hands Full!

Emily, on September 20, 2018 at 09:09 Posted in Before the wedding 0 3

Hey everyone!

Tips and advice is greatly appreciated Smiley smile

My Fiancé and I just found out that we are 2 months pregnant! We have been trying for a while and it finally happened, we couldn't be any more excited.

We are also getting married next year, October 26 2019. So it will be a crazy hectic year for us next year! Any tips and advice on how people managed both a baby on the way and wedding planning? Financial advice? We are very excited but a bit overwhelmed at the same time as obviously a baby and a wedding are pretty hefty costs!

Also, is there a timeframe where you guys think I should look at dresses? The baby would be born in May so that only leaves 5 months until the wedding, if I wait to get a dress around that time it might be waaay too late. Am I risking getting a dress now in case it may not fit come October time? Ahhh! So much to consider and plan!

Have a lovely day everyone!

3 Comments

Latest activity by Emma, on September 20, 2018 at 11:52
  • E
    Expert December 2018 Ontario
    Emma ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Congrats!!!! As far as the dress goes I agree with others and maybe wait until about a month after baby is born and then buy off the rack. Then you can always take the dress in as you lose weight. I would look at dresses that are easier to fit even if you go up or down a bit in weight (nothing really form fitting).

If you want to get a dress soon I would look for a flowy type dress and go get it when you are about 4 months along. Also make sure they take into account that your chest will grow when they figure out what size to order.

Financially, other then taking time off work young babies aren’t that expensive. Especially if you breastfeed. For the wedding pick what aspects are most important to you and spend money on that.

I would say for you guys a photographer will be huge as you will get amazing pics of your little one too.

Get as much done for the wedding as you can before baby arrives. You could even send out the inivitations early. That way you will have a couple months where you can just focus on baby and recover.
  • Peggy
    Super May 2019 Alberta
    Peggy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That is amazing - Congrats!

For your dress, I would personally wait until after the baby is born - you will likely only have 4-5 months, BUT if you are willing to buy off the rack or second hand, you should have lots of options that can be taken with you the same day. Alterations can be done in as little as a week - I would find a seamstress ahead of time and let her know what's going on.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Oh my goodness!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

I don't have much to offer as I myself am not a parent - but I do have a kitten and a puppy and we just bought a house this past July.... so I mean financially we are in a similar situation?

I would for sure start budgeting if you aren't already. Make a spreadsheet on Excel for the incoming income vs. the outgoing income that you HAVE to pay such as mortgage, car payments, insurance, etc. and see what you are left with. Then IMO I would say split it 60-40 instead of 50/50 just because you will get a lot of stuff from having family be so excited for you and buying you stuff as well as your baby shower will generate a lot of clothing and diapers!

Plus wedding's can have last minute budget things or add-on's that you didn't think of before.

As for the dress shopping - if you aren't wanting to go with a more maternity type wedding dress that flows then I would say that once you hit the point of wearing maternity jeans then you should look for the dress and order it at that size. Seeing as how you may not pop until later in the pregnancy though - I would go now and just bring some padding that would give the effect of how big you expect to be.

Plus you will probably be able to ask the dress stores as they have probably been in this situation before.

Just going based off of before and after pictures of moms to be vs. after they have the baby. Because as much as you may have a few months to slim down - you don't want to rely on that because you will also be super busy taking care of your bundle of joy!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics