Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Rekramer
Expert November 2018 Ontario

Handfasting Ceremony

Rekramer, on August 22, 2018 at 17:33 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 4
Hello all,

My fiancé and I have decided to incorporate a handfasting ceremony in our vows. Has anyone done a handfasting ceremony and would they mind sharing what they used for their rope?

4 Comments

Latest activity by Joey, on October 1, 2018 at 15:53
  • Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Awwww, that's sweet! I'm very sorry for your loss, but what a beautiful way to have her with you on your wedding day.

I'd love to see a picture of what you end up with for your ceremony Smiley love

• Rekramer
    Expert November 2018 Ontario
    Rekramer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yeah, I saw that article. We were thinking about a ringwarming but the handfasting is so doctor-who for us. We're using my grandmother's old tablecloth (she passed away a couple years ago) for my chuppah cover so we have something old in that sense. We're currently thinking of just going and picking out some ribbons in colours we like, and we'll be practicing with plain navy grossgrain this weekend with our officiant.

• Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Personally I did a ringwarming, but I love all unity ceremonies Smiley heart You could get ribbons in your fav colors, or in your birthstone colors. You could use plain chord or something else neutral. Do you have some fabric that would be sentimental, like a part of an old shirt or blanket that belonged to a relative, almost like a "something old"?

This article about ribbon/handfasting ceremonies has some suggestions for materials.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I haven't done one and I don't plan on doing one - but hear me out lol

I have seen it done with ribbons that are provided by the church as well as a simple ribbon or garland that just happens to match the wedding colours / theme.

Personally I like the idea that since you have a dog that you could have a ribbon that is say red and a ribbon that is blue and together they make purple. If your dog is at the wedding then he/she could wear a purple bandana or bow tie or something Smiley smile That would be cute.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics