Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Rachel-Anne
Curious September 2020 Ontario

Hamilton-area videographers, $500 or less?

Rachel-Anne, on August 10, 2020 at 17:32 Posted in Ontario 0 4

I ONLY need ceremony filmed because we can't have all our guests coming due to COVID.

I'm looking for about 1 hour of videography to tape our ceremony, and since we are on a shoestring budget, under $500.

Any recommendations?

4 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on August 11, 2020 at 12:12
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Good points given from 2 sides as I would also say.

Professional Videographer wouldn't want to consider an hour time under $500 for a ceremony only unless they are flexible to make an exemption to their rule/service. They find its a short time that isn't worth coming out to do. The results will be high end photos that are provided and the editing time to consider for them to put in the cost.

Students in College taking photography course are in the beginners stage and wanting to expand their portfolio. They may be flexible to start at a lower rate and the results may not be as polished for what you may expect. Its their chance to get out there and get any work possible. Inquire and if your happy with this choice, you will save more by chance.

• Caitlin
    Newbie August 2020 Ontario
    Caitlin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We've booked Sadie Martin Media to film the whole day, from Hamilton! So far she's been incredibly compassionate regarding all the covid restrictions, maybe she can help you out?

Our venue will also be filming and streaming the ceremony so our out-of-town guests can "attend" in spite of covid, and we'll receive a copy of the footage from them. Maybe your venue has an option for you? They often have their own A/V equipment.

Good luck!

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You can also inquire to professional wedding videographers and ask what their rate is just for the one hour.
  • Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Perhaps there’s a Mohawk film grad that could use some work for their portfolio or someone starting out? I’d check with the school’s job boards and other alum to see if anyone is just starting out. Most of the videographers I saw were quite expensive unfortunately.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics