Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Newbie December 2020 Nigeria

Halls that allow own catering

Sonia, on July 23, 2020 at 20:15 Posted in Ontario 0 5
Hi all
Please does anybody knows a nice wedding hall that doesn’t include menu, I want to be able to bring in my own native dishes

5 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on July 29, 2020 at 20:42
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Catering to halls right now may not be allowed due to the food handling and the staff keeping safe at the same time. The suggestion of community hall may work since you can bring your own food there and still have the facility to work with for back up dishes too. I do hope you find what you're look for

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Speaking of bringing your own dishes, another reason some halls would not allow it is because of liability. Unless you get the food from a licensed food handler, like a professional caterer or restaurant who has their own insurance as well, you'll be hard-pressed to find a licensed venue that will allow you to do it. And if you go with a private unlicensed venue, you'll need insurance and permits for alcohol.

• S
    Newbie December 2020 Nigeria
    Sonia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thanks for your response. Yes I am still looking for reception hall in Mississauga, most of them always include menu of which I can’t get my native dishes.
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Sonia, we were chatting a while back and in another thread, you mentioned you were looking in the Mississauga area for a December wedding. Is this still the case? If so, you're going to find it hard to find a traditional banquet hall that will let you bring your own food. As you can imagine, the Greater Toronto Area is very competitive due to our population and most banquet halls are in demand, not just for weddings but also corporate parties and other special celebrations. They'll likely have a minimum spend requirement that is much more than just the hall rental amount.

You can try looking up community centres in your area, as most of them have kitchen facilities. Keep in mind, you'll need to have insurance, an alcohol permit, and licensed servers. You may have to wait a few weeks when Peel Region enters Stage 3 before they will entertain any type of bookings. Here is a list of rooms in Mississauga based community centres: http://www7.mississauga.ca/Departments/Rec/rentals/roomrentals/

Have you looked into booking an African restaurant as I suggested to you before? Blue Nile has a nice space located along Toronto's subway line and Nunu is located in Toronto's entertainment district.

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi Sonia!

What area/city are you looking for?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics