Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Amanda
Frequent user October 2021 Ontario

Halloween Wedding intro song

Amanda, on October 8, 2020 at 07:26 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 5
Hi guys I've been researching songs for a Halloween wedding, I'm looking for the perfect song to walk down the isle to. It will be only be me and my dad so no bridal party so the song has to be perfect from the beginning as it won't take me long to get to where I'm going haha 🤣. I do have a certain song in mind it's Camille Saint-Saens - Danse Macabre ? Not sure if this song is better suited for the dinner let me know !!

5 Comments

Latest activity by Hank, on October 8, 2020 at 20:06
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Here's the whole musical suite from the Buffy series, with a theme for each of the main characters. Hopefully it can give you some inspiration.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dl7yV_8ok7I

• Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    These some really helpful ideas thank you for taking the time to respond I really appreciate it. Definitely gives me more options I didn't think to look at movies and tv shows this is great!
  • Hank
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

The song literally is called the Dance of Death, so to me it just feels more suitable for when the dance party starts. But of course, you can do what you think is best. Are you having a cocktail hour? That song you picked could be great for that too.

Danny Elfman composes a lot of Tim Burton films so look him up if you want a gothic cinematic vibe. The romantic vampire is such a staple that most TV and films about them will have some kind of darker tone love theme that you may be able to use. Think Buffy and Angel, Dracula, Vampire Diaries, or any of the Twilight movies hahaha

For a "fun" concessional, I suggest the Joker theme from 1989's Batman. Your song reminds me of this piece but it starts off right away with a hi-tempo so it marks a "fun" start.

• Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I want the vibe to be romantic gothic, I really love monsters mash and thriller they come off a little more fun. I was wanting a slower romantic , dark song for the ceremony to set the tone. My officiant says to pick a song that's fun when the ceremony is over. We will not be having a first dance or anything like that. Maybe the song I chose could be used during dinner ?
  • Hank
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Do you want something more "romantic" or do you really want to play up the "scary" part of your Halloween theme, which would make the music a bit more hi-tempo?

Your choice could work if you want something slow during your walk but it depends on how quick you can get to the alter. If you're still not up there by the minute mark, it feels like you need to start prancing up there to maintain the momentum with the music lol. That being said, I think your song choice would make for a great first dance waltz if you and your partner can pull it off.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics