Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Riss
Newbie September 2022 Ontario

Halloween Jack and Jill

Riss, on January 23, 2020 at 16:52 Posted in Before the wedding 0 8
Hi all!

I am looking for some advice on hosting a Jack and Jill! This very common in my area and with my age group (early&mid 20s) , my fiance and I attend atleast a couple a year.
Every year we throw a huge Halloween party at our house with a great turn out so I was considering this year renting a hall and having the Halloween party as our Jack and Jill. 10$ entry, halloween themed games, decor, costume contest etc. Do you think this is a good idea or do you prefer a traditional jack and Jill? Also could having it on halloween weekend give us a lesser turn out as people may have alternate plans, where they can drink their own booze and party without an entry fee 😂. Would it be weird to have it the weekend before Halloween to avoid that?

8 Comments

Latest activity by Allen, on September 23, 2023 at 01:30
  • Megan
    Frequent user April 2021 Ontario
    Megan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yes!!! Do this! Halloween parties are awesome.

• Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Omggg this sounds amazing!!!!!! i would totally do this!!!!!!

• Christine
    Newbie June 2020 Ontario
    Christine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We had a Halloween jack and jill this year and it was a hugeeee hit. Everyone seemed to be looking for something to do as far as a Halloween party, 95% of people dressed up. We have a couple games that we made halloween themed and played a few of the classic halloween songs. I think a themed J&J based around a holiday is the way to go. We did ours October 26th, still technically the weekend before.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm not sure what time Jack & Jill's start - but Wedding Socials have a start time of 8PM-1AM usually (although my Wedding Social was from 9PM-2AM), with many guests not actually showing up until closer to 10PM. If that is the same case with Jack & Jill's then I would say you would be safe to have it on Halloween! If you want to save money on the rental space though as well as avoid any conflicts with trick-or-treating at all then I would go for the Friday. Plus, if people go to a Halloween party on the Friday then they may be tired and bail on a Jack & Jill.

Socials on Halloween and St. Patricks day are awesome and I love going to them - just try and avoid New Year's because community centre's/ halls usually cost more and then you end up upping the price of tickets and people don't want to pay more than the normal $10 a ticket.

• Riss
    Newbie September 2022 Ontario
    Riss ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Sorry I should explain this would be next Halloween. Halloween is on the Saturday for once ! So should I have it the 30th Friday , actual Halloween Saturday or the Saturday of the previous weekend . We do have a lot of older friends with kids as well
  • Amanda
    Devoted July 2020 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think it could work well as long as those attending dont have kids (which it sounds like they dont since you said you host one every year). Its an excuse to dress up and have fun; I'd go if someone I knew was having one Smiley laugh
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Parents will have a hard time coming but if most of your friends dont have kids this may be a perfect way to do both...
  • Jamie
    Frequent user June 2022 British Columbia
    Jamie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

These aren't popular in my area and I have never been to one of these before, but I would defs just pick a different weekend. Make it a bit more of a special event for you guys!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics