Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Megan
Beginner October 2019 Ontario

Hair extensions for wedding day

Megan, on March 20, 2019 at 11:27 Posted in Before the wedding 0 7
I am interested in getting hair extensions for my wedding hair but I’ve never had them before. I know there are different types but I really don’t know much about them at all. Are clip in or tape in better for a wedding? Does it matter? My hair stylist doesn’t provide them, she just told me to get them coloured and cut and bring them and she will put them in for me. Where could I buy them? What is a good quality brand? Advice?!

7 Comments

Latest activity by Donna Yeung, on May 2, 2019 at 00:02
  • Donna Yeung
    Devoted August 2018 British Columbia
    Donna Yeung ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Megan,

I got clip-ons for my wedding to create more volume for my half-updo and they turned out great. I recommend getting human hair if you're going to get them coloured. My stylist also said she didn't provide them but she was able to put them in for an additional fee as it's going to take extra time to style and put them in. I think my sister helped me pick them up from this store called Abantu. It's located on the west coast. Maybe they ship to the east coast!

• Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Megan! Did you order any extensions? Did your stylist have any recommendations on good retailers, or what sort of attachment she prefers?

• Janaya
    Expert August 2019 Saskatchewan
    Janaya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Philocaly hair extensions!!! amazing!

• Trinity
    Beginner May 2020 Ontario
    Trinity ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’ve been using extensions for years and I personally think that tape in is the best they are so perfectly seamless and create the least damage out of all the different kinds.
  • Sarah
    Expert August 2021 British Columbia
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks for sharing the link as I’m curious about extensions as well.
  • Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My sister gets hair extensions at a place called Flawless in London, ON. There are different types for sure. I like the nano ones, they have this little loop that its put into your hair and stays in your hair for few months before they need adjusted again. If you even just want an idea of how extensions work. Check out the link below. It gives you an idea of costs, maintenance and all that. You can defiantly do clip in for sure, just make sure you get close as possible match to your hair color

https://www.flawlesslondon.ca/

• Robyn
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Robyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I've only used extensions once, but I used the clip-ins you get from Sally Beauty. I doubt there is much of a difference beyond comfort? I had a friend who recommended those, so those are what I chose. I used Donna Bella, and they were pretty good Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics