Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Ashley
Beginner August 2018 Ontario

Hair and makeup

Ashley, on March 6, 2018 at 07:55 Posted in Ontario 0 7
Help! I had a trial for Hair and makeup and it was just okay. I didn’t feel how I thought I would feel for my wedding day. Now I’m running out of time and people are getting booked up so would love any recommendations for Hair and makeup. Wedding is in Toronto and I am in Durham region

7 Comments

Latest activity by Alyssa, on May 15, 2018 at 17:50
  • Alessia
    Frequent user June 2020 Ontario
    Alessia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Honestly, I have been using Instagram as a resource! I take a look at the pictures they have posted to see if it is something I would like. I don't wear much makeup besides mascara so when I do have makeup on my face it is definitely very weird to see. To be honest, I would just talk to whoever did it and explain to them why you are upset and what you want to fix. If you have a vision in mind, explain it to them. A lot of people nowadays, like myself, are booking things very far in advance and it may even be a bit difficult to find someone else. Good luck!

• Breanne
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Breanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If this was a trial did you already pay for services? If so you may not want to pay for another and I would just be honest with your original artist and like Bianca said tell them you were unhappy, explain why and see if they will make adjustments.

Also, if you have brought pictures for them to recreate ask them if there was anything about them that they thought was unrealistic? In the wedding I was in last year I tried my best to bring a makeup picture of someone with similar features and tone (reddish hair, freckles and green eyes) but our eye shape was a little different so it wasn't going to look the same. Even more so with hair, my hairstylist told me I can bring all the hair photos I want but it's hard to completely recreate (a lot of hair models have extensions, different texture etc). Maybe if you ask her she will explain why she wasn't able to get it exactly.

If you go for a retrial or even a new one, don't leave until your happy. You can continue to pick at things until they are how you invisioned (ie. make the eyeshadow a bit darker, hair a little pouffier etc).

If you want to start fresh with someone new, do you have a facebook wedding group there? We have one here in Ottawa and people are frequently asking for hair and makeup suggestions on there.

• Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Do you have any pictures from your trial? What didn't you like about it? Can you talk to your artist and see if they would do another trial for you? I bet they want to help you get a look you'll love and would help you rework the look

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Have you tried talking to your MUA and asking her to re-do your trial because you weren't happy with it? I see that your wedding is coming up, so I don't know if you're going to find what you're looking for in this short timespan.

• Renee
    Devoted October 2018 Ontario
    Renee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It's hard to get used to our faces with makeup especially if you don't wear it everyday. (like me) and it has to be a little different for the wedding. Do lots of research and look at the artist work before booking. These trials can add up in money! Luckily I found my on the first trial through rigorous research! Check our fancy face they are amazing
  • Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Have you tried doing your own makeup? I felt the someway with my first trial's. I hated them both. I decided to stick with doing my own makeup and booking my regular hair stylist for my hair and she did an amazing trial. Do you have a regular stylist you see that you could try?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics