Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Expert August 2018 Ontario

Guitarist price

Linzer, on January 15, 2017 at 19:57 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 23
Do any of you lovely ladies know the rough price of a solo musician (guitarist) to play for a ceremony? Preferably GTA prices.
I reached out for some details but I'm impatient and looking for a ballpark range. I think I'd like to have this as a nice little touch for my outdoor ceremony if it isn't outrageously expensive.
If you know of any resources for cheap musicians also please let me know!

Linz

23 Comments

Latest activity by Lisa, on January 16, 2017 at 07:28
  • Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Lol I'm like that too! When we were trying flower girl dresses with my niece I looked at her and she said "Don't start crying yet, it's the first one!" Lol So sad!
  • Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm not much of a crier but cry when I see other people crying, so I know I will when my mom starts up. Plus when our officiant was reading his thing in our consultation he had me really choking up and getting teary eyed, so with all of it in just going to be a mess. I'm literally choking up writing this and thinking about it LOL. People on the bus are going to think I'm a crazy person!!!!!
  • Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'd be a blubbering mess! Guaranteed! Lol
  • Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Linz! That's such an amazing idea! I'm so glad to hear your plans to hire a guitarist!! Smiley love You can also take a look at the vendors in our directory and ask for quotes to get an idea of how much they would charge: Wedding Music Toronto What type of songs would you like them to play? Smiley smile

• Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Oh I'm very confident that it won't matter to my emotional side, I'll still cru like it's the first time... but now I can sing along! Haha

• Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

HAHAHA oh I'll sure in the moment I'll be a wreck regardless of hearing the song first.
    Tell him, bring an iPad with a recording of you playing the song on it?!? DEAL!!Smiley winking

• Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It will be way more special walking down the aisle, after hearing the words before hand. You'll be moved all over again! I think that's awesome!

• L
    Linzer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I feel like I would just sob hysterically. I mean, I know I am going to do that already but that extra emotional impact would quite possible kill me! That's so lovely and I'm so happy for you two!
    I just told my FH husband about all this and he burst out laughing and told me I need to lower my expectations and he will bring an iPad. :/

• Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I had to fight to hear the song before the wedding though. FH wanted it to be a surprise and I said I will absolutely NOT have the first time I hear the song be while 100 other things are happening and I have to focus on not tripping!! Smiley laugh

But I don't get to hear the bands version until the wedding (that was the compromise we came to)

• Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

HAHA well FH is a musician and writes his own music often, he wrote a song to propose to me with as well. It's very sweet! He just finished the song this week and it's so beautiful I just love it!

• Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Omg Valerie! Thats so amazing!!!! What a memory to have!

• L
    Linzer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You're walking down the aisle to a song your FH wrote!?! That's possibly the most romantic thing in the history of forever.
    All I want is for mine to sing me a Ray LaMontagne song. Clearly I should aim higher!

• Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

FH is a musician and was very picky. I really wanted someone to sing and not just have instrumental, and I couldn't be happier with our choice. They are an amazing husband wife duo and they have been amazing to work with! FH wrote the song I'm walking down the aisle to and just recently sent it to them to learn and put their own touch on, I can't wait to hear the finished product!!!

Their name is Azaela - http://azaleamusic.net/contact/ - if you want to check them out (they're from Hamilton, but have no problem traveling to the GTA)

• L
    Linzer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That's actually not a terrible price for two artists for that chunk of time. I feel like I'd be super picky too. :/
    Which is why my fiancée needs to play for me God dammit! Lol
  • L
    Linzer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Ceremony is outdoors so sadly not many options for music except portable speakers. Smiley sad or a live musician.
    Reception venue is luckily easy peasy jack into the system, though, going to do a spotify Playlist and ask my MOH's FH ad well as our MC (another friend) to keep an eye on it for me.
  • Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My DJ noted he would charge me 250 extra for ceremony music. So if you are having a DJ you could always ask them to play music during the ceremony ! I'm sure they could find a guitar piece to play!
  • Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I used Gigsalad - https://www.gigsalad.com/ - to find our band. We got a duo that play guitar and piano (and sing) for $400 for about 45 mins before the ceremony starts (as people arrive and sit) until the ceremony is finished (and all the signing and what not is done). For my venue to just set up some speakers for me to plug an MP3 player into (whoch someone then has to control), they wanted to charge $250!!

I definitely had a VERY difficult time finding someone the right fit for us though.

• L
    Linzer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Lisa that's super sweet but I'm trying to go El cheapo!
    I like the kijiji idea Melissa. I'm in the same boat - short ceremony so I can't justify a price like that for 20-30 min.
    Secretly I really just wanna have my FH play me a song on his guitar when I walk down the aisle. He's way too shy but I swoon so hard when he plays at home. Perhaps I can use the next 20 odd months to persuade him.
  • Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Kijiji! Put out an add and see?
    I know with professional musicians there is usually a minimum time booking, which deterred me from booking live music for our short ceremony. Most were upwards of 500$, which I want prepared to spend for 15 minutes
  • Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Maybe yes, u of t is worth a shot! I used to work in the music industry, and I can ask around but they won't be cheap. Let me know and I can get some names for you.
    You can check bridal magazines like the bridal guide, or the wedding ring. They have lists of vendors in there.
  • L
    Linzer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I was thinking of that but my old high school is north of the city and I'm not sure how to approach a random school!
    Maybe a U of T music student?
  • Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You could always go to a high school or college where they have musical programs. They usually have some steller young musicians! And they would probably charge a pretty reasonable rate.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics